Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Fast and the Furious 4 summer of 09 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/fast-furious-4-summer-09-a-15208/)

honda97valdeez 01-07-2008 05:36 PM

RE: Fast and the Furious 4 summer of 09

Diesel Mucus! Oh, it burns!! It burns!!!

I disliked how they all have hot cars, hot women, any part in the world, and don't have to exchange money for them. I understand (i think) they are all "drug lords", but dealin' involves lots of time and effort. Not to mention years building trust. These guys are hardened criminals and welcome a noob to the inside after he wins a race?!?!!!
Ugh, sooo tired.

honda97valdeez 01-07-2008 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'd MUCH rather watch a FF4 than all those fricken "Bring it On" cheerleading movies.... I think there's like 5 now?
PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO MADE YOU DO IT! I MEAN, SERIOUSLY, EITHER MOVIE- "IT'S HER FAULT!" IS ALWAYS A GOOD EXCUSE.
Did you really watch all five? YOU PERV!:D

sir_nasty 01-07-2008 06:35 PM

I think I watched the first one with a GF all those years back when it came out, I know about the rest of them because I'm a TV junky and have had to watch all their retarded commercials... you don't think someone of my level of sophistication would watch that junk do you?

I just used me and sophistication in the same sentance.... *L* yeah right!

honda97valdeez 01-07-2008 06:47 PM

LOL:D I knewa woman was at fault!

j_man_honda 01-07-2008 09:12 PM

Come on guys, take it easy on the F&F... Atleast somebody is trying to portray a scene in which we all have an interest in, IMPORTS. I bet every single person in this thread that says "It sucks", "why dont they stop?", will go and see this movie.... It may be a little far-fetched and cheesy, but hey, no one would pay to see a couple of slightly modded Honda's racingand a few 240's drifting around for 2 hours..... Give it a rest;)

blacknight07644 01-07-2008 09:25 PM

Personally, I like Tokyo drift.
The prior two were more entertaining than realistic.

Fast & the furious had a really crappy plot.
Who cares about someone hijacking truck loads of DVD players

2fast 2furious had a better story plot, but much less racing than the first one.

00AccordLX5spd 01-08-2008 10:41 AM

I thought they were entertaining, and I know I will watch the 4th one. I will wait till it comes out on DVD though.
My favorite far fetched parts about the first one:
A "10 second car" races 1/4 mile in like 3 or 4 minutes and they are racing long enough for the guy to use 2 stages of nitrous slowly and reach 140 mph. HAHAHA!
But then again, if the race scenses were truly as long as they actually should last, it would have been boring. Who wants to see a guy just bang through the gears in 10 seconds and win a race? if you wanted to see that you'd watch "Pinks".
Also the quote sir_nasty already said"granny shifting not double clutching like you should" is the most retarded thing I have ever heard if you are talking about drag racing. When I heard it in the theater I was only like 16 and had my manual trans mustang. I looked up what double clutching was and LMAO that they said that in the movie when referring to drag racing.

blacknight07644 01-08-2008 10:51 AM

I agree

Just a little off topic.
I wish there were more imports on Pinks

00AccordLX5spd 01-08-2008 11:06 AM

Yeah I do too. I just don't think there are that many import modders that build their cars for full out racing like there are American car modders.
Plus the import guys often have to race against an American made RWD V8 and usually lose.

sir_nasty 01-08-2008 11:21 AM

I think part of that is availability and cost. On AVERAGE (not always) it's cheaper to build an older american V8 than it is to get the same power out of an import I4...