Finally got a Honda again - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums


Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-25-2018, 01:54 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default Finally got a Honda again

After years of not having a Honda(if you don't count my 2008 Acura MDX) I finally have one again. I was ready to go to the Dealer today and buy a brand new Rancher but then I saw this 2012 Foreman for sale for half the price of a new one so I picked it up. Already plowed the driveway with it and its a lot better than snowblowing.


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2018, 06:08 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,790
Default



You had me going ......I didn't think you were talking about a car but I knew you already had like three snowmobiles so I was trying to guess at what kind of Honda.

That will come in handy in the "summer" as well. I can only imagine how many trails you have around you, plenty to see and do with one of those.

We are totally opposite on the weather....it is just getting to something I like - it's ~7am and around 63 outside. Did a "spring cleaning" of the gutters yesterday and got the lawn mower out and tuned up for the season. Might do some mowing next weekend.

Hope all is well at the north pole
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 AM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
After years of not having a Honda(if you don't count my 2008 Acura MDX) I finally have one again. I was ready to go to the Dealer today and buy a brand new Rancher but then I saw this 2012 Foreman for sale for half the price of a new one so I picked it up. Already plowed the driveway with it and its a lot better than snowblowing.


Are you back here in New Hamster?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post


You had me going ......I didn't think you were talking about a car but I knew you already had like three snowmobiles so I was trying to guess at what kind of Honda.

That will come in handy in the "summer" as well. I can only imagine how many trails you have around you, plenty to see and do with one of those.

We are totally opposite on the weather....it is just getting to something I like - it's ~7am and around 63 outside. Did a "spring cleaning" of the gutters yesterday and got the lawn mower out and tuned up for the season. Might do some mowing next weekend.

Hope all is well at the north pole
Yeah I got it mainly to plow the driveway and haul moose/bear in the summer. Up here all the roads have a "trail" on the side of it and you can just drive your 4 wheeler or dirtbike all over town, and I guess most people do. You see them at the grocery store and at the bar.

I went back and forth between Can Am and Honda. Honda has the reputation of reliability in the ATV world, but you don't get as much of a machine for the money.

Seems like we are getting into the second winter up here. Was getting warmer(high 20s) for a week or two but now its supposed to hit 20 below again this week. We have also got a ton of snow in the past week or two.

Everyone says the summer is a lot better than the winter here, but I am enjoying the winter. Especially now that it isn't dark all the time. Go ice fishing almost every weekend, ride my snowmobiles(but those are kind of a pain in the butt, always something wrong with them).

Mowing the lawn is a long ways off for me, since there will be snow on the ground at least into may I'm told.


Shipo I live in North Pole, Alaska now, about 12 miles east of Fairbanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2018, 12:40 PM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
Shipo I live in North Pole, Alaska now, about 12 miles east of Fairbanks.
Awesome! I'm very jealous.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2018, 12:53 PM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,790
Default

Glad to hear you are doing well and the family as well.

You know you might have to find a second one for the wife now

Good lick with the new ride and the "ease" of plowing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 PM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
Glad to hear you are doing well and the family as well.

You know you might have to find a second one for the wife now

Good lick with the new ride and the "ease" of plowing.
Doubtful on the one for the wife, I have over double into this than I do my 3 snowmobiles combined and she has ridden hers 3 times I think.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally a Honda owner again... dcfox New Member Area 2 03-10-2012 11:46 PM
Finally got a honda but i dont know all the lingo blazeplacid New Member Area 6 06-10-2008 02:47 PM
Finally got my honda DKYamada General Tech Help 2 10-10-2006 03:16 AM
Here We Are Again..Happy Birthday-Day Again WheelBrokerAng Off Topic 1 07-24-2006 03:55 AM
Here We Are Again..Happy Birthday-Day Again WheelBrokerAng Off Topic 1 06-02-2006 02:24 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.