Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Finally got a Honda again

Old 02-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default Finally got a Honda again

After years of not having a Honda(if you don't count my 2008 Acura MDX) I finally have one again. I was ready to go to the Dealer today and buy a brand new Rancher but then I saw this 2012 Foreman for sale for half the price of a new one so I picked it up. Already plowed the driveway with it and its a lot better than snowblowing.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

You had me going ......I didn't think you were talking about a car but I knew you already had like three snowmobiles so I was trying to guess at what kind of Honda.

That will come in handy in the "summer" as well. I can only imagine how many trails you have around you, plenty to see and do with one of those.

We are totally opposite on the weather....it is just getting to something I like - it's ~7am and around 63 outside. Did a "spring cleaning" of the gutters yesterday and got the lawn mower out and tuned up for the season. Might do some mowing next weekend.

Hope all is well at the north pole

Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by live2rice
After years of not having a Honda(if you don't count my 2008 Acura MDX) I finally have one again. I was ready to go to the Dealer today and buy a brand new Rancher but then I saw this 2012 Foreman for sale for half the price of a new one so I picked it up. Already plowed the driveway with it and its a lot better than snowblowing.

Are you back here in New Hamster?

Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212

You had me going ......I didn't think you were talking about a car but I knew you already had like three snowmobiles so I was trying to guess at what kind of Honda.

That will come in handy in the "summer" as well. I can only imagine how many trails you have around you, plenty to see and do with one of those.

We are totally opposite on the weather....it is just getting to something I like - it's ~7am and around 63 outside. Did a "spring cleaning" of the gutters yesterday and got the lawn mower out and tuned up for the season. Might do some mowing next weekend.

Hope all is well at the north pole
Yeah I got it mainly to plow the driveway and haul moose/bear in the summer. Up here all the roads have a "trail" on the side of it and you can just drive your 4 wheeler or dirtbike all over town, and I guess most people do. You see them at the grocery store and at the bar.

I went back and forth between Can Am and Honda. Honda has the reputation of reliability in the ATV world, but you don't get as much of a machine for the money.

Seems like we are getting into the second winter up here. Was getting warmer(high 20s) for a week or two but now its supposed to hit 20 below again this week. We have also got a ton of snow in the past week or two.

Everyone says the summer is a lot better than the winter here, but I am enjoying the winter. Especially now that it isn't dark all the time. Go ice fishing almost every weekend, ride my snowmobiles(but those are kind of a pain in the butt, always something wrong with them).

Mowing the lawn is a long ways off for me, since there will be snow on the ground at least into may I'm told.

Shipo I live in North Pole, Alaska now, about 12 miles east of Fairbanks.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by live2rice
Shipo I live in North Pole, Alaska now, about 12 miles east of Fairbanks.
Awesome! I'm very jealous.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you are doing well and the family as well.

You know you might have to find a second one for the wife now

Good lick with the new ride and the "ease" of plowing.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
Glad to hear you are doing well and the family as well.

You know you might have to find a second one for the wife now

Good lick with the new ride and the "ease" of plowing.
Doubtful on the one for the wife, I have over double into this than I do my 3 snowmobiles combined and she has ridden hers 3 times I think.