Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Forum trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Default RE: Forum trouble?

Dang dude...that's some seroius forumusage there. How do you have all the time to visit all those and post all the time? I don't need to look at that list anymore. it will make me want to check out all of those forums too. I am already goofing off to much at work being on here all the time

Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Dang dude...that's some seroius forumusage there. How do you have all the time to visit all those and post all the time? I don't need to look at that list anymore. it will make me want to check out all of those forums too. I am already goofing off to much at work being on here all the time
haha. did you see the * at the bottom of the post? i only really check in on 5 of them daily, and AccordinglyDone i dont post that often at all. those forums have broadened my knowledge base. Accord Racing was the first in '05.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM

5 would still be too many for me! 2 have me already avoiding too much work!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 AM

I had trouble on this thing as well when I was reading stories on the Honda Beat website. This website wouldn't load for a bit yesterday.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

good post listing the forums...i will bookmark them for when i want to sell/but something. this in the only accord forum i have ever been to, or post on.

i really dont have time to follow more than one...and sometimes not enough time to follow this one.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Automobile ownership represents many things to many people. To me, living in Edmonton Alberta's harsh climate, a singleautomobile is pure and simple transportation only. Over time I want to spend as absolutely little money as possible for it, and that means DIY until I'm so old I can't, andthat in turnmeans havinga service manual plus a good internet forum for support.

(For everything else one can obtain from rolling on wheels, we jump on our motorcycle in the summer.)

Just from a purely practical perspective, for people who have written extensively on a particular web site,that represents a considerableinvestment in time and energy.

Although I believe that it is not wise to "put all your eggs in one basket", in the case of an internet forum, if no one makes the investment, there will not be much available from it. I think this is what distinguishes the HAF from some others.

Don't get me wrong - there are some other great forums, but there as well, it is preciselybecause people devote time and energy to post to them that they are what they are.

Yes, we all have knowledge thatwill not disappear if a web site disappears, but it would really be too damnedbad if the fruit of one's labor - something that took perhaps hours to write - disappeared in an instant. Hopefullyif the HAF was in a position of having to shut down for some reason, the members could be given some notice of thatin order to at least archivesome of their own contributions to it.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Nice post Tony!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i tried to get on
it said i couldn't.
so i youtube'd it up instead.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator

And now all is well again and we are all one again..Thank Goodness!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 PM

Actually, I use to belong to driveaccord. It was an alright forum until I got edited for saying** You have Just been Edited Here also, so Please Keep it Clean**with a comment about keeping it clean. In another thread the f bomb and s word was dropped several times and nobody got edited. Just kinda rubbed me the wrong way so I stopped posting there and checking the site. HAF ftw for sure.
WheelBrokerAng

Quick Reply: Forum trouble?