Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

getting to you in USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Default getting to you in USA

This may sound like I have had a few but HAF is teaching me more about the real you than all the movies and tv progs etc.
For example, tio2honda in the General tech sector talks about his 93 2dr with 386k miles on the clock, thats an average of about 25k p.a. Based on what I now see as garbage, i thought Americans were not real drivers but just used their cars to go shopping and flying on long journeys. Mind you, HAF is about people who drive non-US cars so perhaps we are talking about the more intelligent people because Detroit makes great engines but puts them in rubbish running gear. So despite your corruption of the English language [ just think how much better your lives would be if you had lost the war of independence ! ], you are probably nice people to know and perhaps American COUSINS actually means something.
Here's a new string : the average mileage of the average motorist in the UK is said to be 10k according to Insurance companies. I do about 15/20k. I know the Canadians do intergalactic mileage although beats me where they find to go. I was surprised to discover that the Australians actually had the horseless carriage. So, Yanks, what about your averages ? Lets set up a league table of tall tales.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Default RE: getting to you in USA

U.S average per year is 12-15,000 miles, in a larger city it's not uncommon for someone to commute 30mintues to an hour one way to work.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

well im in high school and I put on about 12k a year.

you are very wrong about americans flying everywhere. Think about how much bigger the US is than european countries. Americans have to drive to get places. Europe is a much more centralized society. We HAVE to drive to get places. You dont.

As for your revolutionary war statement, if i could id reach through the internet and slap you with a fish.

btw, our govt sucks major @$$ right now. and the avg american is not the sterotypical person you see in movies.

welcome to the internet.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:04 PM

when I think of the british the very first thing that comes to mind is Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail....

Old 01-05-2008, 03:50 PM

Well few yrs back i bought a 2000 Daewoo Lanos it had 17k when i bought it, when it died on me it had almost 64k thats like 45k in less then 2yrs....I'm known to put lots of miles on my cars...and for the people in the UK, You live on a Island so you dont put many miles on your cars..just to cross my state id be like driving from Brighton to Glasgow....and most ppl there drive less then 10miles roundtrip to work..when most of us can drive up to 25-80 miles easy roundtrip...so thats my 2cents...i know bout uk cuz i have a b/f in Derby with a American Pontiac Firebird...

Old 01-05-2008, 05:57 PM

ENGLAND-WHERE BAD FOOD MEETS BAD TEETH![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Just kidding! (but the truth will free you).
I'm running about 14,000 miles a year.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Im Happy to see that all my people are keepin it in the good conversation sense..Thanks all of you !

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Well i drive 25 miles one-way to work 5 days a week... And I am driving 8 miles to school one-way... I have no idea how many miles a year I go though. Its definately a bunch.....

Old 01-06-2008, 03:30 AM

Dont forget that Europe is a very large continent without inpenetrable borders so long journeys are quite common e.g i have drivento Southern Spain several times - about 1k miles. Wherever you go in Europe you will see cars from every state. Also think about this -85% of Brits have passports and I read that the figure for the USA is about 20%

Old 01-06-2008, 03:31 AM

Knights on horses ride past my home every day.

Quick Reply: getting to you in USA