Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Girlfriends and Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Girlfriends and Racing...

a few general specs for a stock gtp,
just under 3600lb
260hp at 5200rpm 5800redline
280ft/lb at 3800rpm (superchargers are great for torque)
3.8l v6 12 valve (wtf?)
Then a claimed 0 - 60 of 6.6sec and a 1/4 of 15sec @ 93 hp

i dont know how 280ft/lbs of torque only gets you 6.6seconds but i dont know....

Old 03-11-2006, 09:34 PM

yea mbos car should be deep into the 5's as far as 0 to 60 goes.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:44 PM

i bet with 450cc and 10 psi and a LSD, if he couldnt beat an ss camaro he sure as hell give it a run for its money. when people ask me ," how do i beat a z28 or a corvette" mbo's setup is how you get there.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:03 PM

Funny story!! Why are you racing V6's anyway. Pretty funny anyhow.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM

because most v6's suck ^_- and a 4cyl with a little work is usually enough to beat one

Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 AM

haha I know I'm dragin' this out, but I whipped my buddy's mustang BEFORE the timing adjustements! haha I really want to race a GTP now and when I get those injectors and get my boost up to 10 lbs I'll really be having some fun! I still think I could smoke one right now with 8 psi...

and I know my friend can kill a stock GTP with his stang'. He even killed a corvette with me in the car. I couldn't believe it... the dude had the vette for sale the next day. (no joke; some old fart who couldn't shift for crap... but still!!)

Old 03-13-2006, 03:03 PM

mbo1985, what is wrong with GM?

Old 03-13-2006, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Maimster

Funny story!! Why are you racing V6's anyway. Pretty funny anyhow.
I did it to annoy my GF (truth be told) because I just knew it would get under her skin... I didn't pay any attention to what kind of car it was to start with... then I saw the backside of the car and went 'DOH!' my favorite has to be the other Honda owners in my little town... it's a small town so knoweldge of these cars is crap... I'm sorry if the offends anyone but I hate APC with a passion and it seems to be the sticker of choice around here... so when I pull up next to a civic dx and he revs his engine I just have to laugh, then I kick his little hiney... and they get this bewildered look on their face like "how did I lose? I have APC Stickers..." I'm going to get a 3" tall rear window sticker made that says "Stickers Add Horsepower" or "This Sticker Gave me 50 HP"

Old 03-13-2006, 04:06 PM

yea APC is a mexican thing here in az, the APC'ed out cars ALWAYS have the most unbelievably farty sounding mufflers, i seriously laugh, i dont know how anyone could think thats cool....i would be so embarrased if my car sounded like that, but some people think its cool i guess. haha like a APC'ed out chevy cavalier or a hyundai accent......to funny with that huge wing and sometimes those tires that stick out really far that you need to curb feelers.......lol....and the booty *** muffler that actually points DOWN.. im cracking up here thinking about this

Old 03-13-2006, 05:11 PM

The funniest comment I've ever heard in regards to the giant useless spoiler... Keep in mind some Large spoilers actually generate downforce and I'm not bashing those (just watch WRC if you disagree with me...) However, a few of my friends were cruising around one night and noticed this Riced out like hyundai and one of em rolls down the window and yells at this guy with a huge Aluminum "park bench" wing "Hey, do you get XM with that thing?"... I just laugh everytime I think about it.

Quick Reply: Girlfriends and Racing...