Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Got this in a forward...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Got this in a forward...

Got this in a MySpace forward and I really like it. In my view it is not racist, it simply shines the light on those responsible for horrid acts, known as terrorists. I dont think every Muslim is a horrible person, but I completely agree with this. I know its mean, but honestly, do you agree w/ some or all? Whatcha think?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not
started
by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 ?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally
murdered
that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's
capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men,
women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or
didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an
overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...well, I don't.
don't
care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start
caring
about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi
Arabia .

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off
Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and
fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in
mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of
nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First
Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of
the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an
Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been
humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I
don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to
move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I
don't
care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your
heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and
other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and - you guessed it - I
don't
care ! ! !

If you agree with this viewpoint, repost this.
Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
behavior!

And may I add:
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference
in
the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

One last thought for the day:

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American
sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony
Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his
Parliament
members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want
in...
And how many want out."

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Default RE: Got this in a forward...

Without resorting to personal views..

The first part especially, I wouldn't call it racist, as Islam is not a race but rather a religion. However, it is religious intolerance.

Generally speaking, the note is full of double standards.

If you look through both modern and ancient history, you'll find that a lot of "terrorist acts" and other crimes have been done in the name of Christianity. (Abortion clinic bombings, The Dark Ages, The Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades, etc). Why is all of that okay and not what someone else does for their religious beliefs? Would you be upset that your Bible was kicked and/or mishandled around when you were a prisoner? If you were religiously devout, yes. So, why would it be ok for you to call foul and not someone of a different religion? That's a double standard.

Now, as for the rest, it's really a tricky situation. International and national laws were put in place to ensure proper, moral, and ethical treatment of POWs on both sides. And, when one attempts to be the big moral and leader of the free world, you can't be getting your hands dirty by resorting to the old methods of torture. Period. You have to pick, one or the other, anything else is a double standard.

As for the insurgents being cowards for not coming out in the open and fight, again, look at your history books. The US won its independance from England by not following the "rules" of modern warfare. In fact, the Revolutionaries fought the same way the insurgents do - hit and run, ambush, sniping from cover, hazing loyalists. So, how can you be all happy with one and not the other? Yet another double standard.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Thank You Tyler
WheelBrokerAng

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/AF0233E4DEBF4804A47C6C3307761608.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM

I think the powers that be on this forum should decidequickly whether this thread islikely to be a unifying, or divisive, force on a forum that is, after all,dedicated to everything aboutHonda Accords.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, but because most folks hold their political beliefs very sincerely and strongly, when discussions turn topolitics,those discussionsalmost invariablybecome emotionally-charged to the point of even sometimes coming to blows.

Honda Accords, not politics,are what have brought all of us to this forum, and, to me, thisforum represents a more or lesssafe havenfrom political discussionswhich almost invariably turn people against each other - particularly in the politically charged atomosphere of today.

There are plenty of other forums where thetopic of this threadis both welcomed and encouraged and, even though thisthread is part of the "Off Topic" part of this fourm, IMO thosesitesare where this particulardsicussion belongs.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Doesnt matter, off topic means off the topic of the general forum which leaves open to basically anything.... within legal standards.

That forward was based on what they did to the american culture, not what they did to christians, the people that were killed werent of a single religious group. The fact is it was a religous war that they started against american culture and our society. It would be amazing if the planes that were crashed / attempted to crash, had only contained christians.

And it has been decided over the ages that any act commited in the name of ones own religion is morally right and forgiven as long as those who practice the same religion believe its alright.
Theres a reason I started my own religion.... because there is way too much moral ambiguity and a complete lack of understanding when it comes to everyones own religion. I offer open arms to all who wish to join my religion..... it is a simple religion.... and to those who dont wish to join it.... i ask you.... Do you blieve in cheese? well guess what, it doesnt matter, cheese exists ^_^

Old 05-07-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro
That forward was based on what they did to the american culture, not what they did to christians, the people that were killed werent of a single religious group. The fact is it was a religous war that they started against american culture and our society.
More correctly, a religious war against non-believers of Islam. Heretics. Hence the reason I drew a correlation between the religious wars started by Christianity.

ORIGINAL: Tony1M
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, but because most folks hold their political beliefs very sincerely and strongly, when discussions turn topolitics,those discussionsalmost invariablybecome emotionally-charged to the point of even sometimes coming to blows.
Agreed. And if you look in Iraq, you can see the consequences of strongly held beliefs coming in contact and conflict with one another. Shiite muslim vs. Sunni muslim vs. non-Islamics.

Somewhere along the way, the ability to agree to disagree and get back to the important things in life (family) got lost.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM

I dont know if you can really acurrately compare the religious wars of Islams and the religious wars of christians because Islams have had a lot longer then 2000ish years for their fights ^_^

Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM

LOL. True! Islamic religious wars far out strip any other wars in terms of length. LOL. Which is also why it stupid to meddle in them and expect to win or change things. LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Oh come on, if it werent for morals and the public views and the world view the expectation of winning would be more a fact then an idea

Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Again true. After all, that is how the former leader of Iraq keep things under control - Rule with an iron fist.

Quick Reply: Got this in a forward...