Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Talking Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!

Today is the 75th Anniversary of one of my favorite foods and one of my Pet Peeves here in the forums..

click the images if you wish..ummm, yummm and boo baddd

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!-spamreg.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 PM

When I was in Vietnam I received a can of SPAM in a care package. I can remember how much I enjoyed it. Don't believe that I ate it before that or since.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Jet sitter
When I was in Vietnam I received a can of SPAM in a care package. I can remember how much I enjoyed it. Don't believe that I ate it before that or since.
You were so lucky, wow Spam, in my military career, saw lot of it, and never ate or tasted it. I know don't know what I am missing. NOTHING!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 AM

didnt know that about spam Wheel,but what caught my attention was our two Veterans.
I dont watch alot of T.V.but when i do its nothing but the History Channel!
I hold a big place in my heart for all our fallen Hero's,for those who served and those who serve us today!
My father is a Vietnam Vet 65-67,It takes a special person who is willing to give up there life for our country but mostly for us!i'm a huge admirer to all in our military when i see those WWll war stories and what you all see and go thru it chokes me up brings a tear to my eye
I would have loved to fight among side by side all you war Hero's but health issues saw different,but to all our Fallen Hero's and our Hero's that served and who serve today you all make me proud to be an American you all make me love this beautiful country we call the great U.S.of A!!! I solute you all
Thank you

Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
You were so lucky, wow Spam, in my military career, saw lot of it, and never ate or tasted it. I know don't know what I am missing. NOTHING!!!

We used to get served something that we called "mystery meat". I wonder if this was SPAM?

Old 08-21-2012, 04:17 AM

Spam is big here in Hawaii. When I first got here, I thought they were joking. Then I went to McDonalds and they actually have Spam on their breakfast menu here. LOL.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

My grandmother, who lived through the deprivations of the Great Depression and World War II, loved SPAM and would serve it to me on a regular basis when I would visit her in the 1960s. All things considered I've eaten worse, much-much worse, and if I was hungry and desperate for something to eat, I'd be overjoyed to find a can of SPAM.

The above said; so I eat it on a regular basis? No, I made up a batch once because my kids were curious; I believe that was the only time since the late 1960s that I've had SPAM.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up I Salute You For Yor Wonderful Post -Viet Vet

Originally Posted by my1st.honda93
didnt know that about spam Wheel,but what caught my attention was our two Veterans.
I dont watch alot of T.V.but when i do its nothing but the History Channel!
I hold a big place in my heart for all our fallen Hero's,for those who served and those who serve us today!
My father is a Vietnam Vet 65-67,It takes a special person who is willing to give up there life for our country but mostly for us!i'm a huge admirer to all in our military when i see those WWll war stories and what you all see and go thru it chokes me up brings a tear to my eye
I would have loved to fight among side by side all you war Hero's but health issues saw different,but to all our Fallen Hero's and our Hero's that served and who serve today you all make me proud to be an American you all make me love this beautiful country we call the great U.S.of A!!! I solute you all
Thank you
My wife and I are both Vets and we are Happy to see one such as yourself do a great write up as you did.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!-army.jpg   Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!-airforce.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 AM

I'm no vet but I am a military brat. Spent several years in Hawaii...Spam Capitol of the world! My wife is Filipina, and her mom....Damn that woman cooks some spam Probably why there was so much of it in Hawaii. I think the majority of the population of Oahu is Japanese, Filipino, and White folks. At least it was in the 80's.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Talking Good Link To Your Car..Thanks :)

Originally Posted by Incognitjo
I'm no vet but I am a military brat. Spent several years in Hawaii...Spam Capitol of the world! My wife is Filipina, and her mom....Damn that woman cooks some spam Probably why there was so much of it in Hawaii. I think the majority of the population of Oahu is Japanese, Filipino, and White folks. At least it was in the 80's.

Spam fried quickly so that it getts crispy is the way I like it..Here is a picture of my favorite Spam Dinner..
Clik the image...

Attached Thumbnails Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!-spamplate.jpg  

Quick Reply: Here Is Something You Might Not Have Known!