Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   How to Cure a Hangover On New Years Day (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/how-cure-hangover-new-years-day-14990/)

sir_nasty 12-29-2007 11:39 AM

How to Cure a Hangover On New Years Day

So seeing as how a number of us are expierenced alchol tasters I thought a nice thread about how to survive the morning, your tips and tricks was in order.... Did I mention I had a few last night...? I don't need to hear about how you don't need anything because you don't get hangovers, I didn't either when I was younger but as age progresses and your hair works it's way off your head and starts to populate down your body they will affect you...

So I've got 2:

pre-emptive: Drink a glass of water after every shot and after every 2 regular drinks (works wonders but hard to remember...)

Morning: Shot of Pepto, Ibuprofen and a glass of water

2nd Morning Option: McDonalds Sausage McMuffin

finch13 12-29-2007 04:50 PM

RE: How to Cure a Hangover On New Years Day

A few Gatorade's will do you wonders!

SVTMike 12-29-2007 05:24 PM

Yea a small bottle of gatoradeclose to the end of anight of drinking helps me. Also, stay away from cheap liquor.

honda97valdeez 12-29-2007 07:16 PM

I try to drink the same thing thru the night- not a manhattan followed by 3 heinikens and 4 carbombs, more like beer all night or the same type of likker all night.

Sugary drinks (like at fat tuesdays) put me on a sugar pitch in the morning.

Yacking sometimes is the only cure.

Extra strong coffee-down here it's cuban espresso. Lots of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12158/35853BFACE524764B642318FA884F8F2.gif[/IMG]

HondaPhyco 12-29-2007 09:27 PM

Im not even old enough to drink lol, sucks for me.
Not really.........NOTE TO SELF: dont drink and drive my accord.

SVTMike 12-30-2007 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaPhyco
Don't drink and drive period on New Years Eve.Even ifyou don't thinkyou're over the legal limit, it's not worth the risk. Too many police out to pull you over to find out.

superballz00 12-30-2007 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SVTMike

ORIGINAL: HondaPhyco
Don't drink and drive period on New Years Eve. Even if you don't think you're over the legal limit, it's not worth the risk. Too many police out to pull you over to find out.
Don't drink and drive period. Doesn't matter if it's new years eve or not. The police should be the least of his problems because they might be saving his life by pulling him over. He's underage so it doesn't matter if he's under the limit since any alcohol is considered over the limit for him.

smaglik 12-31-2007 08:23 AM

+1

academic 12-31-2007 10:08 AM

New Year hangovers - dont drink American beer ! tastes like cat's p....
A few pints of good English bitter leaves no after effects - trust me !

00AccordLX5spd 12-31-2007 10:59 AM

I am somewhat of a "hangover connoisseur" if you will. The hangover remedy all depends on the kind of drunk you were the night before.
If you got wine drunk or champagne drunk - ridiculous headache (pretty much the worst hangover)
Whiskey drunk - usually a headache & big time dehydration
Vodka drunk - don't be a pansy, you don't really have a hangover
Gin Drunk - pretty similar to whiskey drunk
Tequila Drunk - you wake up pantsless, your wallet is gone, and your butt hurts, so you don't notice your hangover symptoms as much untill you get yourself together.

The worst hangover I ever had was probably new years 2003. I was a sophomore in college and me and friends got a limo in Birmingham AL. Over the course of the night (we started early)I drank almost a half gallon of Jim Beam, 7 or 8 pints of Guinness at a bar. And one 750 ml bottle of Korbel champagne (by myself) at about 2 A.M. to wrap up the night. We had to drive about 4 hours home the next day. I had a hangover all day which went on into the night. I could not find a cure for that one.

Normally I don't have bad hangover's, but as sir_nasty said, now that I am getting older I can feel them more.

Here are my hangover solutions:
1) "Hair of the dog" - drink a Bloody Mary or one Beer when you wake up - this has worked most of the time for me
2) Gatorade and a light breakfast - greasy foods usually make my hangovers worse
3) Sex
4) Prevention the night before: drink a full glass of water before bed (hope you are not soo drunk you pee the bed). Also as has been suggested above, drink water any time you think about it during the night.

Remember, hangovers are mostly caused by dehydration. That's why you feel like crap. I never puke because I can't stand puking. A lot of people swear by it though. I really think it is pointless the next morning though because the damage to your body has already been done. Puking is likely to make your headache worse and dehydrate you even more.

I do not recommend taking tylenol, advil, or alieve. If you take any of these when you are drunk or recovering from drunk, they could have damaging effects on your liver and stomach.