Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

how do you guys put up with rude/annoying/bad drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: how do you guys put up with rude/annoying/bad drivers?

300C is 3800lbs and is going to be slower than a car with 10 less HP but nearly 300lbs less

3.9L is new engine from gm (bored out 3.8L) engine output is only 240hp (20 less than CL type S) and 241TQ (9 more than a stock CL type S)

The torque curves on the GM and Acura motors are very flat and that is what makes it feel like those engines pull very hard. The new 3.5L TL type S motor just totally owns with 286hp and 256f/lbs....

The thing that gets me about GM is people expect their cars to be refined and and have nice smooth engines with generous power output while maintaining decent fuel economy.....and GM cannot deliver.......

I drive my fathers 3.8L impala and above 4K that thing sounds like it is industrial vaccum cleaner...

Old 11-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Banned

Yes I am sure the weight differences had something to do with it.

I must confess to loving the way the 300C looks it is a B E A Utiful car. The Chrysler was better made no doubt. The Impala had a few annoying creaks and rattles with only 4k on the clock [:-]. Looks and rattles aside the Impala was my choice, they both had grey leather too, but the GM smelled like leather.

Alamo and Dollar don't do Hondas!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Depends on the situation.

If I'm ahead of someone and I see them coming up fast behind me and weaving in and out of traffic, I usually just catch up to the guy next to me, then pace him. Dude behind me has no choice but to slow down and knock it off. I usually get flipped the bird (like I care) and let it go. I'd rather have the guy behind me being an ***. He hits me? 100% his fault.

Being a woman (blonde at that too!) I laugh off most of the arrogant drivers and play the dumb blonde routine if I'm trying to tone down their behaviour by slowing down their erratic driving. It's worked in my favour a few times. Although, when you're up against another woman, that's a whole other story. I had this one lady actually roll down her window and stick her arm out and flip me off because I wouldn't let her in when it was not safe... Right. I'm going to risk damaging *MY* car because you're impatient in traffic.... So I eventually caught up with her and she was glaring over at me and flipped me again. I blew her kisses and made the vulcan sign while sticking my tongue through it. Oh to have a camera. She was FUMING.

Most of the time, I just let it go. It's not worth the stress level to me, or any potential confrontation. They wouldn't win

Old 10-19-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Prizma
Being a woman (blonde at that too!)...........
.......I blew her kisses and made the vulcan sign while sticking my tongue through it. Oh to have a camera. She was FUMING.
That.......... is.............. HOT!! I wish you had a camera too!

I just ignore. You run too much of a risk down here in Mississippi. Everybody has a gun. And most people are stupid.
I am constantly getting on to my wife for trying to get "revenge" on people who tick her off on the road.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

depends on the situation, but 14" airhorns FTW!!!!! ....... I think I have to move them to install the tranny cooler though.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Ijust blow it off, life is too short to get hot under the collarover ignorant boneheads behind the wheel.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:19 PM

Usually i let it go, but if their being D bags ill block them in and just blast the 12" 1500 Watt sub ive got in my trunk. Now lets see who can be more annoying. Thats alota base to be stuck behind

Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: marbro

it depends on what they do, but if im in front of them i slow down to below the speed limited and speed up if they try to pass me the other thing is i smile and give them a thumbs up, if they smile wave back or give me the thumbs up as well that is just proof for me...... that they are indeed a moron and shouldnt be on the road.
Haha thats kina like what I do. When there's traffic I usually just trap the tailgater in and make them pass on the right. What pisses me off the most is people cutting me off w/o signaling. I usually don't do anything unless they cut it really close then I try to get ahead of them and slow down a bit for a min or two. I swear if I had a spare beat up car I would really consider gasing it just as they cut me off and hope that their rear bumper swipes into my car and spin out. As for those speeders who weave in and out of traffic I just call the cops. Cops have amazingly quick response time in my area.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:54 PM

things that annoy me
-cutting me off w/o signals
-not letting me pass when a road is blocked
-people that drive slow on left lane
-old people
-turning out in front of me and driving incredibly slow
-trucks that blast dirt at ur car esp after u jus washed it
-people that dont wave
-people that dont let u merge esp women on their cell phones

What i do in return
-pass up and get in front of the driver, open moonroof
and stick out my hand with the finger
-drive side by side then gas it up
-row down window and crank up bass and volume
-honk
-row down window and shoot them with my paintball ..........
jk

Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM

-old people
Watch it! IF you're lucky you might get there somedayteenybopper.

Quick Reply: how do you guys put up with rude/annoying/bad drivers?