Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I really hate ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Default I really hate ebay...

I am a pretty avid ebayer, i buy all my car parts and whatever else i need there unless i can get it cheaper somewhere else. I have over 200+ feedback. I recently sold some computer equipment ($48 worth) the guy never asked number or insurance, so i didn't buy it. Now, he writes me and says that he never received the item and wants his money back, a month later. I said no way, you didn't pay for insurance/tracking, if i refund your money then ill be out. Now he filed a dispute with me on paypal, i have never had a dispute filed on me before, but i do know that paypal 99.9% of the time rules in the buyers favor. I will loose my paypal account before i refund this guys money. Is there anyway they can charge my credit card for the refund he is requesting? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:35 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: I really hate ebay...

Your fine.
Paypal ALWAYS screws over the buyer. (Ive been there) They are worthless and will obviously side w/ you b/c theres no insurance offered.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 AM

i dont know, a couple of years ago i sold a laptop. I provided insurance and tracking and the guy said he never got it even thou the tracking showed that it arrived on his door step. Paypal refunded him his money from my paypal acct.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, tell paypal you sent it off, and at best you'd be willing to return shipping costs since you're out the hardware.

Also tell them what you told us, that he didn't purchase insurance or tracking..

In fact, call them up.. Even though I've had issues with them, their phone based customer service is actually really good.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 AM

If you have a shipping receipt you should be set.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 PM

shipping reciept and/or tracking number and I don't see how he could dispute it. It's a bad situation for both ends of the deal but that's part of the risk of doing business online and working with shippers...

How's his feedback rating?

Old 12-13-2007, 01:55 PM

His feedback rating is fine and so is mine, he just escalated this to a claim, and i only have these 3 options:
Issue the buyer a full refund.
I can provide tracking information.
The buyer has already been refunded and I can provide proof of the previous refund.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:04 PM

didnt you get any tracking information?
also call whatever company shipped the item, and talk to them about the fact that it may have been lost.

this happened to me once, i was on the buying end though. Item got lost in shipping, and the seller refunded my money without my having to file a claim. it was for a PSP, $200 about i think, and I never got it. Emailed the guy, and he gave me a refund.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:58 PM

This sounds ironic, but i actually kept the receipt and last week i washed all the salt off my car and steam cleaned my floor mats and carpet, while i was doing this i cleaned the junk out of my car and i threw away the receipt. I figured i didn't need it anymore since it was already 3 weeks old and i had heard nothing from the buyer.

He never asked me for a tracking/delievery confirmation number, so i didnt buy one because they cost extra. I have never purchased a tracking number unless someone requested one.

He told me he "assumed" i would give him a tracking number. There was nothing in the auction that even hinted at that.

Im going to call the post office tomorrow, they probably wont be able to do anything w/o a receipt. I'll call paypal and see what they can do, if these fail, ill just refund this guys money[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-13-2007, 03:09 PM

you should just be able to get a reprint from the post office.

Quick Reply: I really hate ebay...