Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Illegal Immigration?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Illegal Immigration?

I am at school, bored and just wondered what you guys think about illegal immigration, specifically from Mexico?

I personally am 100% against it. It hurts our economy, causes more expense to states to care for them, and has closed almsot 77 hositals near the U.S/Mexico border because they do not get reimbursed. Plus the annoying thing is that they are perfectly capable of having a stabilized economy, 11 of 22 but prefer not to tax the rich and would rather let the poor come to our country and become our problem. ANother thing is that the president of Mexico is OUTRAGED that we want to enfore/proctect our border to quite an extent, which is totally hippocritical of him considering at the southern border of Mexico they have their Military, not police but military gaurding their boarders from Guatamalans and many more. Sorry, its just an irritating thing for me? Whats your views? Both positive and negative are welcome!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Default RE: Illegal Immigration?

If the American Indians would have had better imigration laws, they would be in a much better position today.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

........................................ there’s no such thing as an American Indian........ and back when the tribes were in control there was no consistent cohesion between the tribes to have large control over the land. sooooooooo millpond..... shoosh

But illegal immigration i am completely against, considering the fact that they are slowly starting to say that American isn’t the official language of USA, BUT were paying Medicare dollars to people who aren’t even legally in this country and most likely arent even paying taxes themselves. Then on top of that they are talking about trying to get a bill passed for them to draw from social security.

Why should we cater to a ******* country that we couldn’t immigrate to even if we wanted to.US citizens going to Mexico are required to have proof of income in order to even legally live there, BUT we cant get any jobs there because we aren’t Mexican citizens. No that I would want to move there to being with...... or even be a Mexican citizen.....

Ultimately illegal immigrants are slowly destroying our economy because they spread like rabbits and take more low paying jobs thereby decreasing the wages that companies are willing to pay and on top of that the reason they can afford to do that is because they are living 7+ people to a house. Go figure, 7+ people making 5 bucks an hour can afford a house!! But yeah.... I’m not going anymore into this......

OH.... and to you people who think I’m racist? FU!!!! It’s not racist to care about the preservation of your own society.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 PM

I love the american indian statements and thought process etc.... Consider for a minute that we wiped out more native indians than hitler killed people in WWII... who's the tyrant now? But that's a completely different topic...

As for immigration, I think that mexican workers are crucial to much of our economy, ask any southern state farmer and you'll understand why. HOWEVER, I believe work type programs are what's needed for this, allow people in legally to work and pay them appropriatly in accordance with what would be a decent wage for their country. This means they have a good paying job, and american items such as oranges etc. don't jump in price. Sounds good for both parties, then after 1 year of work allow them to apply for citizenship, any criminal records whatsoever instantly denies you the right to work or live here. Now onto the part that REALLY ticks me off.... illegal immegrants who are in the U.S. and pregnant, FREE HEALTHCARE, FREE CHILDBIRTH, I just paid over $4000.00 to have my son because I'm a legal citizen. Then that baby of theirs that's born here is given U.S. citizenship! Fine, give them free childbirth and such because I'm not going to put a price on human life but then DEPORT them and their kid back to wherever they are from, then if you've been deported once and you come back into the states illegally you get a mandatory 6 months in jail then deported again without the chance of ever gaining citizenship...

Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I basically agree for the most part. In no way do they help our economy, they only hurt it. The President of Mexico simply encouarages them to come here, let us deal with them, and then expect we give them priority. As for the illegals picking fruit n' such...you have to realize that before the rush of them someone had to pick them. And that was Americans. We dont need them. Its ridiculous how all of those Latin American support groups claim they have a right to stay here and such. IF THEY CAME HERE ILLEGALLY, THEY ALREADY BROKE AN AMERICAN LAW! How can they be trusted that they wont break others? They just make me sick, angry, and instead of helping jobless Americans our stupid money goes to their healthcare and such. Check out this link, it makes you sad and angry They are simply worthless.

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/

Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I think its bs as well. I dont understand how we can give them rights like an American citizen, but they are ILLEGAL immigrants. How does that make sense? I personally feel that anytime some illegal immigrant is caught, they should be immediately shipped out. I think we need to beef up our border security, we need to start deporting people, and we need to do it now. With as many illegals as we get crossing our borders every day, its amazing that we dont have more terrorists in our country. Or, even scarier, imagine how many terrorists there might be, already living here in the States, planning something big and horrible. Anyone think we DONT need a stronger border enforcement policy?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

I think its bs as well. I dont understand how we can give them rights like an American citizen, but they are ILLEGAL immigrants. How does that make sense? I personally feel that anytime some illegal immigrant is caught, they should be immediately shipped out. I think we need to beef up our border security, we need to start deporting people, and we need to do it now. With as many illegals as we get crossing our borders every day, its amazing that we dont have more terrorists in our country. Or, even scarier, imagine how many terrorists there might be, already living here in the States, planning something big and horrible. Anyone think we DONT need a stronger border enforcement policy?
I agree completely! Except for the deportation, I think they need to have prison time for their first offense. As I did two research papers on illegal immigration, the majoirty who are deported simply come back with a bettr sense of how to get in the U.S and hide from the Border Patrol.
As for the terrorist thing I agree completly. According to some of that research they have caught upwards of 86 people believed to have ties w/ some sort of terrorist group. I simply wish Bush would buck up and build a wall. It needs to have motion detectors every so often to pinpoint where it is being crossed to stop it. It also should go far into the ground to prevent tunneling.
In my honest opinion, I think the terrorists will strike out country again, and will have made it into the U.S through Mexico. Then people will be outraged as to why there wasnt more protection, Mexico will say it wanst their fault, and organizations supporting illegal immigration will either go into some sort of hibernating, have a negative look from America, or simply say they couldnt have prevented it. I wish politcs werent so stupid. It needs a overhaul thats direct to the point. Build the wall, simple as that!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 AM

I think the answer is to crack down on those employing and housing illegals.

If the INS started cracking down and fining companies say $10,000 for each illegal they have working for them or for each illegal theyre renting to, they would stop doing so. And if nobody would hire them or house them, they would eventually stop coming over here.

Anyone who wants to immigrate here thru legal channels and become a citizen and contribute to this country, Ill be the first one to shake their hand and say "welcome".

Anyone who wants to enter this country illegally, refuse to learn the language, get jobs so they can send the money back to Mexico, Ill be the first one to say "get out".

As for the Indian thing. Yeah, what happened to them when this country was first being formed was a tragedy. However, as a result they now live in the most prosperous and best country in the history of the world with opportunities they could only have dreamed of. I think this country has repaid any debt it may have had to any group simply by becoming the shining city on a hill that it has.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
mknauff
Unregistered

Your legal green card holding resident of the US does not want and will not take the jobs the Mexicans perform. Your economy requires this cheap labour. The farmers isolate themselves by dealing with employment contractors and the contractors don't care. Everyone loses. The Mexicans becuase they forced to live an underworld life and deal with sub-standard living and wage conditions. The US economy loses because there is not the generated tax revenue.

The real answer lies in allowing the workers into the courty in a legal controlled manner. I want CA fruit and veggies. You can't buy a new Honda picking fruit so you won't do it. Who will.

Mostly, the people you find leaving their country and families are not low-lifes. These are often very good, hard workingpeople we are talking about who want nothing more than a better life for their families.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Illegal Immigration? Please Read

Good evening and morning to those who are reading and posting in here.
I want to commend all of you who can and are keeping a civil toungue while posting about this serious subject..Mabro..keep your vulgar wording out ..Thank You!.
This is an intellegent discussion and all of you are posting in it very well...Thank You All Very Much!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=pimp.gif]

Quick Reply: Illegal Immigration?