Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

inconsiderate people at the gym

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Default RE: inconsiderate people at the gym

ORIGINAL: stevent

LMAO @ equal rights excuse.

But I don't have to deal with these annoyance since I have my own gym at home
+1.... My dad has an awesome gym in his shop, that I lift in every weekday. I would love to join a gym for the whole "experience" though.... It just gets kinda boring seeing the same 2 people working out with you in the home gym... And my dad has obsessive compulsive disorder(i think) so I have to put every weight back exactly where I got it or i'll get cussed out.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have a set of free weights I use every once and awile, but other than that the only excersize i really get is working the gas, brake, and steering wheel.

When i get really stressed ill either go out for a drive or lift some weights. Seriously, when your angry, you can do like double the reps than if your just... well... normal.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM

^ you should invest in a bunching bag, it really helps with relieving stress and fustration. It also builds your endurance. I have one and it works wonders.

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

[

+1.... My dad has an awesome gym in his shop, that I lift in every weekday. I would love to join a gym for the whole "experience" though.... It just gets kinda boring seeing the same 2 people working out with you in the home gym... And my dad has obsessive compulsive disorder(i think) so I have to put every weight back exactly where I got it or i'll get cussed out.
Bad thing is, I work out by myself which is kind of dangerous since I don't have a spotter for something like bench press.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:11 AM

I'd recommend a punching bag as opposed to a bunching bag

I have weights, a bench and a cage at home, but I find that going to the gym i'm more productive. Like when grabbing 30lbs dumbells to do xxx exercise at gym I can just grab while at home I gotta take weights on/off yada yada. The gym also has a few machines that I don't have at home like the smith machine. I also like the silent competitions u get with people around you. Kinda pushes you harder. And it doesn't hurt to know if i'm benching and I get stuck, there's someone around to save my butt. lol

Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM

Word of advice if you don't have a spotter around: There is an easy way to get the weight off of you without hurting yourself. DO DOT EVER put the little clips on the ends of the barbells that "hold" the weights on. The weights will stayput on the bar if youuse proper form. If you get in trouble, you can tilt the bar to one side so the weight falls off of that side, then the other will fall off too.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 AM

At home, we have a Bowflex Ultimate and the treadstepper. The Ultimate kicks ****, but with my 1.5 hour commute and long hours, I can't use it. I don't really like the treadstepper .... or treadmills for that matter. I like the eliptical because you move at your pace and it doesn't screw with you because you aren't moving at the exact right speed. If you swallow wrong on the treadmill it screws you up and I'd rather just listen to music and zone out while doing cardio. I'm going to add a couple strength training exercises today .... leg curls and the bench machine. I'm building up and training for winter sports .... not trying to hurt myself or even bulk up at all, just need muscle tone and a little strength in sone places ..... next week I'll probably add hip and shoulder exercises and after another month or so, switch to body part training.

Also, my training escrimas (26" sitcks) are due to show up at my house today, so some of my cardio will shift to combat training on the heavy bag.

Edit: Common Falkore you know the rules *L*

Old 12-04-2007, 10:09 AM

I hate running on the treadmill. When I get off of it I weel like I am moving backwards! A lot of times I have to sit down. Running outside FTW. Treadmills FTL. Unless there is a hot girl running on one wearing a skimpy outfit. But then it would still be FTL (For The Looks)

Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 AM

LOL ... I'm with you on that .... if I lived in a steamroom, I'd run outside too, but it's friggen cold all of the sudden up here.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Haha it got down into the 30's last night. Sunday it was 80 during the day. That is why everybody in Mississippi stays sick around this time of the year. Everyone's body freaks out becasue it can't tell what season it is I guess. Luckily I have a very strong immune system. I rarely ever get sick. I guess it's because I used to get sick a lot as a kid or something. However now that I said that I'll probably get pneumonia or something....

Old 12-04-2007, 11:01 AM

Take your vitamins ..... I take a chewable Centrum, a B super-complex, Potassium and Magnesium every day. The last 2 keep you from getting sore from working out.

...... and now, off to the gym.

Quick Reply: inconsiderate people at the gym