Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

inconsiderate people at the gym

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: inconsiderate people at the gym

yeah, and the b12 vitamin is an afrodisiac (i think i'd spelled it right)... u knew that right falkore???hahaha... and, about the gym
I've been in the gym for 2 years straight now, and i hate the naked old guys walking around, and where i live, right now it's 92 degrees outside, and it's winter, so imagine... it hot all year 'round

Old 12-04-2007, 02:14 PM

I hate it when someone is sitting on a machine or benchI want to use just talking to someone. Just sitting there not even using it, taking up the space. That really grinds my gears.

It is also super annoying, but sometimes funny when those big guys scream when they lift weight. It's like they are going "AAAHHH! Everyone look at how much weight I am doing!" What's really funny is when they are not even using that much weight. There were two guys in my old gym that would sit there and scream like they were lifting hundreds of pounds. They would be curling like 30's. Looking in the mirror...screaming with every rep....I thought one of the guy's veins in his forehead was going to explode at one point.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:15 PM

LOL .... well at lunch today, I could see my breath and there was like a 40 mph wind in the city. I didn't know that about B12, but it is also good for hypothyroid .... I mainly take it so I pee neon gold!!! Actually, B vitamins are good for a lot of bodily systems and they make you feel good too!

hehe ....... neon pee

Old 12-04-2007, 03:44 PM

yea B vitamins are the "feel good" vitamins. If anyone has ever seen those "5 hour energy" shots, they have 83x your daily intake of B12, and like alot of B6 too.
but dayum do they work good.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

How much do you guys bench, deadlift, and squat? Let's be honest here.... I'm 6'2 195lbs. I bench 235, deadlift 365, and haven't even tried to max out on squats(no squat rack). I know they are weak though, probably 210-220lbs.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I hate it when someone is sitting on a machine or benchI want to use just talking to someone. Just sitting there not even using it, taking up the space. That really grinds my gears.
*ROFL* nice family guy referance there

Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 PM

im 5'9"... weight 135-140 lbs... and have no idea what I can bench. We dont have a press, just a barbell, so I have to lay down on the floor with the weights above my head and use my shoulder muscles to move it over my chest. Its waaay harder to do that than to actually lift the weights, so I'm kind of limited to about a 50 lb bench press, which sucks, but I least I get a tone workout...
And not only is it difficult, but it hurts your shoulders.. the body isnt designed to lift a heavy weight in that fashon, and one of these days i just know im guna snap a collarbone doing it....

Hmmm I just got an idea... what if i used my jackstands as a makeshift bench press...

And 005sp... that is exactly what I do, is leave the end caps off so i can drop the weights if need be. and since I lay on the floor and do it, theres no risk of em damaging anything. Ive actually had to do that a couple times, not because I maxed myself out, but because my cat decided to lay down right above my head, the only place i can put the weights.... lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM

Word of advice if you don't have a spotter around: There is an easy way to get the weight off of you without hurting yourself. DO DOT EVER put the little clips on the ends of the barbells that "hold" the weights on. The weights will stayput on the bar if youuse proper form. If you get in trouble, you can tilt the bar to one side so the weight falls off of that side, then the other will fall off too.
The thing about that is I need to go get some mats because weights hitting the cement ground is not exactly quiet. But when it came to the point where I can't lift the weights back on the rack, I had to a couple of times slide the bar across my body and then do a sit up to get myself up. It left some bruises. I know, a bad thing to do that's why I've been lifting moderately.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:46 PM

I hate running on the treadmill. When I get off of it I weel like I am moving backwards! A lot of times I have to sit down. Running outside FTW. Treadmills FTL. Unless there is a hot girl running on one wearing a skimpy outfit. But then it would still be FTL (For The Looks)
Extremely true! Running on a treadmill makes me feel no sense of accomplishment. Running outside is great and is also better for your mind. Try running through the woods. Its exciting. Treadmill running is boring... Put your headphones in and just run wherever outside that you feel like.

It has become way cold here but that wont stop me.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:01 PM

I love the eliptical! Treadmill and jogging kills my knees and the eliptical, well, it's just great. Eliptical ftw!!!!!

00 i never put those end caps on. End caps are for noobs. I like having a spotter though so when you are trying to get the last few more reps in you are confident if you reach muscle failure you got back up. A friend told me back in the days, if you still can do another rep you didn't get a good work out. You must be at the point where even if britney spears said she'd bang you, you still couldn't get one more rep in. I guess this doesn't hold true anymore...britney is just eh now.

I'm 5'8" 168 lbs max 210 never maxed on dead lift and squats.

Quick Reply: inconsiderate people at the gym