Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Increasing MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Default RE: Increasing MPH

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: Styl3zt

I went to about 125 on the freeway floored and it wouldnt go any faster.
Questions like this ,, and driving at such a dangerous speed in a PUBLIC HWY REALLY, REALLY RILE ME UP ..
You are endegering not only your life , which is fine if so you choose ,, But the life of innocent people managing their own business driving around .. You must be a very young and immature kid ,, to put lives at risk .Do you have a clue what getting in an accident at such speed will do ???? How much easier it is to loose control of the car ?? and you want to go faster ?????
I may sound real mean, but i hope for your sake and the lives of others , that you get stopped by hwy patrol , get a big ticket, license suspended thus keeping you away from the public roads before you kill someone

if you enjoy driving fast,, go to the fast track, pay some money and drive there for an hour or so ,
Exactly deserthonda..... Styl3zt, if you wanna go fast, then build yourself a race car and head to the track buddy

Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Yup I live in your area so hopefully I will never run into you on the roads. There is a drag strip at the sacramento raceway that many people take their cars to. I suggest you do the same if you intend on going at such high speed in the future.

Set the cruise at 80 and be happy with that before you kill yourself.(Or get a huge fu***** speeding ticket.
At his speeds it won't just be a speeding ticket but a reckless driving ticket as well. Thats going to be $1000+ in fines and likely suspension of license until he's 19 if he's under 18.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 PM

Questions likethat will surely get the flames rolling. If ya wanna go faster than 125mph, buy a 7th Gen or newer. The limiter is set to ~134mph (don't ask me how I know). I don't disagree with expressing opinions about what's right and wrong. Though I'm not in favor of calling someone outside of their names. That only leads to worse comments.

At speeds higher than 100mph on Louisiana highways, you'll get your license suspended, speeding, wreckless endangerment, and (at the officer's discretion) get the opportunity to wear a pair of restrictive bracelets. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're only doing this on an OPEN highway (no cars within 5 miles).

Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 AM

Sorry for starting a flame thread guys. I didn't mean to seem like an immature kid that just speed everywhere. It's just that the other day at night I was on the freeway on I5 and there was not a single car on it so I tried to see how fast it can go. And it went 120 and I always thought that cars can go up to what the speedometor said so I thought there was something wrong. Now I found out that theres this thing called the governor that stops you from going at high speeds.

<Thread End>

Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Styl3zt

My accord hits about 125, how can I increase top speed?

H/I/E?

Not looking for a new engine or turno or nitrous yet
By going over the side of a mountain
just kidding of course!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: zro26t
At speeds higher than 100mph on Louisiana highways, you'll get your license suspended, speeding, wreckless endangerment, and (at the officer's discretion) get the opportunity to wear a pair of restrictive bracelets. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're only doing this on an OPEN highway (no cars within 5 miles).
This is Sacramento, California. No cars within 5 miles will never happen if you can even see past 2 miles ahead. There freeway entrances every half mile or so unless you go outside the city. Even if he doesn't see any cars, one could easily come on and get rear ended.

Sorry for starting a flame thread guys. I didn't mean to seem like an immature kid that just speed everywhere. It's just that the other day at night I was on the freeway on I5 and there was not a single car on it so I tried to see how fast it can go. And it went 120 and I always thought that cars can go up to what the speedometor said so I thought there was something wrong. Now I found out that theres this thing called the governor that stops you from going at high speeds.
I really hope you did this south of Elk Grove or way north of downtown Sac where there are few freeway entrances. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: superballz00
I really hope you did this south of Elk Grove or way north of downtown Sac where there are few freeway entrances. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?
It doesn't matter how old he/she is. There's been guys in their 40s that have gotten busted RECENTLY in La for street racing 10-sec cars. A buddy of mine (who's 24) rode with a friend just to hang out when local authorities stormed the scene. Driving at speeds above 100+ is considered an exhibition of speed just as street racing is. Just b/c someone is older doesn't mean they don't make bad judgement calls. I've been guilty of it before, and I knew it then. The way this thread is going, it's headed towards making this personal. He made a less preferred judgement call, and he knows it. Lesson learned.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: zro26t

ORIGINAL: superballz00
It doesn't matter how old he/she is. There's been guys in their 40s that have gotten busted RECENTLY in La for street racing 10-sec cars. A buddy of mine (who's 24) rode with a friend just to hang out when local authorities stormed the scene. Driving at speeds above 100+ is considered an exhibition of speed just as street racing is. Just b/c someone is older doesn't mean they don't make bad judgement calls. I've been guilty of it before, and I knew it then. The way this thread is going, it's headed towards making this personal. He made a less preferred judgement call, and he knows it. Lesson learned.
Mmmhmmm x2

Besides, what is the point of any aftermarket accesory such as an intake, header/s, exhaust, turbo, nitrous, light weight wheels or anything like that? Sure maybe 2% do it for MPG, but the others..... come on now. No one can really bash him. Im sure everyone of you has sped before, and whether you are going 5 over or 80 over you are breaking the law.

But back to your original question you will have to remove the governor, and remove weight. Just because your gas pedal is halfway when you go 60MPH does not mean your car can go 120 at full throttle. When speeds get over 100mph the drag becomes substantial. For every MPH faster above 200mph it takes nearly 10 HP. It is drag and weight limited.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Besides, what is the point of any aftermarket accesory such as an intake, header/s, exhaust, turbo, nitrous, light weight wheels or anything like that? Sure maybe 2% do it for MPG, but the others..... come on now. No one can really bash him. Im sure everyone of you has sped before, and whether you are going 5 over or 80 over you are breaking the law.

LOL! I take it you follow the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit of the law?

I might have misunderstood you...but I hope you don't equate 5 over and 80 over as the same.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:50 AM

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

LOL! I take it you follow the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit of the law?

I might have misunderstood you...but I hope you don't equate 5 over and 80 over as the same.
It depends on where you are, and the officer's discretion. I think what 19Accord97 is pointing out, is that in most places, you'll get cited for exceeding the speed limit whether you're doing 5 over or 80 over. We all know that there's a penalty depending on severity, but you get the idea, right? Hope so.

Quick Reply: Increasing MPH