Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Know a good Mechanical Engineer?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default Know a good Mechanical Engineer?

Ok, this is the "off topic" section so what the heck.

The boy, oldest, is nearing the end of his education. We, with kids, all had pictures, drawings, ect on the frig as they started school. Never thought I'd have this on the frig.....The USMC flight program will soon take over, he is at step two of four for now....soon to be flying a helicopter in the sky over us........sorry, had to blank out the names to protect everyone.

Yes he grew up around me so I don't know where this came from. Only thing I can possibly take credit for is the fact he can do almost any normal repair to a 3rd gen Accord. If you drive it, you have to repair it...yes my kids don't like me that much.

Cats in the cradle......

Attached Thumbnails Know a good Mechanical Engineer?-boy-done-alright2.jpg  

Last edited by poorman212; 04-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Congratulations. Nothing makes you prouder than to see your kids independent and doing well.

good luck

Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Ok, this is the "off topic" section so what the heck.

The boy, oldest, is nearing the end of his education. We, with kids, all had pictures, drawings, ect on the frig as they started school. Never thought I'd have this on the frig.....The USMC flight program will soon take over, he is at step two of four for now....soon to be flying a helicopter in the sky over us........sorry, had to blank out the names to protect everyone.

Yes he grew up around me so I don't know where this came from. Only thing I can possibly take credit for is the fact he can do almost any normal repair to a 3rd gen Accord. If you drive it, you have to repair it...yes my kids don't like me that much.

Cats in the cradle......
that's awesome. he'll do great things. looks like he already has. tell him I say Semper Fidelis.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator

I congratulate him also...

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

TX-Sgt-Ang....Thanks, I will.

He actually moved back home yesterday. Goes for the first part of training in VA next month (early June), for about 10 weeks. So he wants to save up a few $'s before heading out (works for a commercial HVAC company while going to school).....hey I get to drive the 89 LXi for a few months this summer----beats the 95 in MPG and at $4 a gallon, I'll take all I can get....plus it is a stick, I miss that.

Again, Thanks folks.....

Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your son's achievement.

A boy to be proud of that's for sure.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, very cool. Congrats to him.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Rice- Thanks...If memory severs me (and it is bad), how is school going for you,still thinking of the coast guard....again I think I remember a thread where you talked about this but I could be wrong.

Jim- Thanks as well.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default New member of the USMC-gone to OCS

Well, took the boy this afternoon and pretty well handed him over the the USMC for OCS....bitter sweet....so if I get a little snappy in the gen tech area, please forgive me....miss the little guy already...even though he's got me by 40~50 pounds.

We'll have to see how the next ten weeks go, but if he keeps his head on straight....I'll be the proud parent of an officer in the USMC soon.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Smile

He's on his way to a completely new life and he may love it forever..put 17 in myself and loved it all...every day

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Know a good Mechanical Engineer?-47_pic_1abhat.gif  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Know a good Mechanical Engineer?