Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Less HP, Half the price, and Faster

Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Default RE: Less HP, Half the price, and Faster

thanks guys for spankin them. i get picked often in the highways, dont know why?straight highways and zizaging through trafficdont prove u got skills,it only proves ugot ***** andready todie. when it comes to curves imguilty as everyone.handling is my first priority and its the only time i get to test my suspesionability.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Almost A Senior Member

You have to make sure that the other guy is really pushing his car to the max. I know ppl who won races like these againsts car they shouldn't win against because the other driver is shifting 1-2k rpm early.

Also if you do race on the streets please be careful of other cars and pedestrians. It's best if you only go up to the speed limit.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I4 accord beating a G35? not unless the other driver is like "look at that butt cheek"

I own a 300HP CL type S and G35 can give me a run for the $$ and I can smoke any I4 accord

Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

I4 accord beating a G35? not unless the other driver is like "look at that butt cheek"

I own a 300HP CL type S and G35 can give me a run for the $$ and I can smoke any I4 accord
Hecka Pwned.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM

a win is a win, even if he/she didnt have the guts to push the pedal. if he doesnt want to use all the 300+HP then he shouldnt have bought it

Old 08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Fenix

a win is a win, even if he/she didnt have the guts to push the pedal. if he doesnt want to use all the 300+HP then he shouldnt have bought it
That's my philosophy. What is everyone's definition of "street racing"? The way I see it is a street race is a planned event with a defined start and end point (Fast and Furious style). I wouldn't consider the one-upping thing described with the G35 a street race. I doubt many people who mod their cars go to the track religiously, I never have, so why drop so much money into a car if you are not going to let it loose once in a while? I also think it is a disgrace to the engineers who designed the luxury cars. They burn their brains out making the car perform how it does and you're paying a pretty penny for it, so why not get your money's worth? I am, however, against people ruthlessly racing down busy streets and freeways, cutting people off. When they're clear that's a different story, I will double the speed limit on most roads if there aren't people around. If you take people out of the scenario it's just you and law, and risking a ticket or arrest :-/ is your decision, endangering the lives of others is not. Hell just last night at midnight I had to one-up a riced out Chevy S-10 on a suburban road...it was good fun and the road was deserted.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Try racing a stick G35 and see what happens......

Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: finch13
That's my philosophy. What is everyone's definition of "street racing"? The way I see it is a street race is a planned event with a defined start and end point (Fast and Furious style). I wouldn't consider the one-upping thing described with the G35 a street race. I doubt many people who mod their cars go to the track religiously, I never have, so why drop so much money into a car if you are not going to let it loose once in a while? I also think it is a disgrace to the engineers who designed the luxury cars. They burn their brains out making the car perform how it does and you're paying a pretty penny for it, so why not get your money's worth? I am, however, against people ruthlessly racing down busy streets and freeways, cutting people off. When they're clear that's a different story, I will double the speed limit on most roads if there aren't people around. If you take people out of the scenario it's just you and law, and risking a ticket or arrest :-/ is your decision, endangering the lives of others is not. Hell just last night at midnight I had to one-up a riced out Chevy S-10 on a suburban road...it was good fun and the road was deserted.
It doesn't matter what your definition of street racing is. All that matters is what the law defines street racing is.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM

and i certainly dont want to get busted for it, inssurance is bad enough