Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Looking for the best insurance for my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Default Looking for the best insurance for my Accord

Which company do you guys use to insure your vehicles?

I'm looking for something with good coverage that's also cheap for my new purchase ('09 Accord)

I'm looking at GEICO, Progressive, Allstate, etc., but I was told that I could probably get better rates from a smaller, local company.

Thoughts? Who do you guys use?

(P.S. - I'm a 28 year old male in New York State)

Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

I personally have nationwide and have been with them for years. Now you have to keep in mind I have multiple cars and my house with them.

Heck, I just added a car today with them.

Me, I like someone local (even the big guys have local agents, even my nationwide). What I do most of the time is pay my bill by calling him or stopping by his office. So i know him, he knows me. If I walk in the door, he knows my name. We get to know each other "outside" of the business at hand.

To date, I've only have one major claim with them - an underinsured driver caused a major loss. They came through and to date my rates have not changed.

Just my experience with my insurance comapny.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:02 AM

thanks poorman212.

i'm aware that these places have local branches. there's even an allstate office right downstairs next to my building (NYC). the problem is, those agents all take their cuts, so it usually ends up being more expesnsive.

i've gotten a quote from nationwide already, and they seem to be on par with the other big cats in the industry GEICO, State Farm, etc. i'm still on the hunt for the absolute cheapest.

thanks again!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Again, just me but I still think this is one of those places where "knowing" your agent is a plus....again just me.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

And you have to be careful about differences in insurance regulations from one state to another. A great little company in Colorado might not even be licensed to sell in NY.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
And you have to be careful about differences in insurance regulations from one state to another. A great little company in Colorado might not even be licensed to sell in NY.
Well, yeah... if I go to local route, I'm only going to look at NY companies (cause that's where I live)

Of the local companies, it appears Get New York Auto Insurance Quotes At NewYorkMotorInsurance.com is giving me the best rates. $65/month for full coverage. seems legit.

I also got rates from state farm, geico, progressive, all state, esurance, general, etc. Of those "national" companies, state farm seems to have the cheapest rates. they quote me at the same price as new york motor insurance. SAME EXACT PRICE. Makes me wonder if they are actually state farm agents... hmmm....

There was another site - Compare Auto Insurance Quotes - 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com (401) 580-7272, which appears to be offered nation wide, that also gave me a great rate - $52/month for basic coverage. i gotta look more into them, however, cause that rate appears too good to be true

Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Liberty Mutual is the cheapest. Years ago Eire used to be the most affordable but Liberty Mutual has became a car insurance that provides same coverage than the rest of insurance companies but a very low premiums, specially if you are a good driver, and better if you or any of the drivers is a full time college student.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Ive gotten quotes from all the companies mentioned in the above post's and none of them here in Ohio can match the FULL coverage rates as my State Farm for both of my cars..

Everyone has their own picks in a question like this one..