Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

love of going fast

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Default love of going fast

Hey I was just wounding........ I want to hit 120-150 but I can't find any road to do that on around here cuz the Marietta police are always looking for something to pull you over on. I have looked and tried driving fast on many roads close to me. But all I find is that the road, or my car can't handle me going that fast or their are tons of cops on. So my question is their any other way to find a road besides an Interstate?

Old 02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Default RE: love of going fast

um, first of its wondering. secondly, you're bashing the police from stopping idiots like you from going triple digit speeds? boo-hoo. take it to a track

[sm=nono.gif]

Old 02-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea youll never be able to crank it up like that on a track......the highest you would be able to go would be your 1/4 mile speed, which isnt that fast......

best thing is a little luck a good radar detector, hit up your freeway real late at night when there arnt many people on it. and dont do it on a night where there is an increased number of police out in general, like the weekend. so hit it up during the week sometime. your speed limiter prolly wont let you go faster than 130. just keep it to about 110-120, there is nothing better than touring.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:49 PM

Its said that the governer on the accord is like.... 130..... Im not sure cause i havent tried to go past 130 yet..... but the auto tranny i think is geared to the max of 130 mph.... but i didnt look at the tac when i was going 130

Old 02-17-2006, 09:44 PM

That wasn't cop bashing saying f*** the police is bashing (oh but realy f*** the police) everyone else thanks for the info. I'll try to check up on that governer thing.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:24 PM

I don't think its a good idea to try and go that fast. Thats the easiest way to die. Just because your car can go 130, doesn't mean you have to.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:19 PM

Yeeeeah, and just because we have cars that are only stock 135 - 150hp and are talking about things in this forum that will make them faster doesnt mean were reducing that risk by making the car faster to begin with. Its already been proven you can wreak and die at almost any speed. Saying just cause you car can do something doesnt mean you should is contradicting the whole point of this forum and the fact that more then half of the topics are about improving performance.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:01 PM

Yeah thats true just because your car can go doesn't mean you should, this is going to sound stupid but you need to know where that line is. You can only hope that when you push it, that you don't crash and burn.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:54 PM

yea i agree. but yea everytime you mash it you take a serious risk of crashing, and with your solid rotors if you hit the brakes hard they are going to gas out very fast and you are going to have no stopping power at all. I only recommend that professional drivers on closed tracks go over the posted speed limits...... haha

Old 02-19-2006, 12:01 AM

I talked to a guy who works on honda's and acura's he said the same thing I was asking him how fast he has ever been; he said 160 and going even 130 (I make that sound like nothing) if you slamed on the brakes the rotors would get so hot that they would melt in 7 sec.

Quick Reply: love of going fast