Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Mountaineer totaled

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Default Mountaineer totaled

It has not been a good week!!!! First a week ago this past Friday a good friend died in his sleep, Wednesday was his memorial service. Thursday morning my mom, on her way home from work, rolled our truck. She initially refused to go to the hospital but after getting her home, agreed to go. I got a ride to go pick her up from the next county down, which means that they likely wouldn't have brought her up closer to our house anyway and the ambulance ride would have been expensive.

A neighbor friend brought me down to get her. A church friend came to pick her up and took her to the hospital and a different neighbor took me to the truck (atleast what was left of it) and the accident site to salvage as much as I possibly could. Many things were destroyed other than the truck itself. After emptying my stuff out of his SUV he took me to the hospital to be with my mom. They admitted her into the hospital. They took x-rays, did a CT scan, a chemical stress test, an echo (not really sure what it is) and many more tests. They declared that the reason she had her accident is because either low blood pressure or low blood sugar after not eating enough. Also lack of sleep may have played a role too.
Thursday, the daughter of an old friend of my mom's came to visit her, she also brought me home to get some stuff, feed my cats, and dinner before bringing me back to the hospital to stay with her.
Friday, my estranged brother came to visit her twice, the first time, she was still having her stress test done, he said he needed to go but wanted to know when she got back.it didn't take long for him to get back when I let him know and brought dinner with him.
Saturday a new friend I met through a Meet Up group offered to help, so he brought us home from the hospital. Then the first neighbor that brought me to pick her up from the accident brought me to turn in her timesheets, a 3 hour (or more)round trip drive.
Today.........I had to walk to the store because we were out of many things, before getting all the way home a church friend brought me a check for my auto insurance payment and gave a ride home with my cart full of supplies that we needed.

So, what she remembers is opening her eyes to see that she was in the grass in the median, she over corrected, and headed straight towards the guard rail on the opposite side of the road, she doesn't remember hitting it, but it looks like she hit it twice, head on and then spun around and the rear driver side hit before rolling atleast ending up back in the left lane upside down hanging from her seatbelt. She doesn't know how long she was out, but woke up thinking she was in the floorboard of the truck. She saw someone on the passenger side of the truck trying to break the window with her four-way lug-wrench her hit it numerous times before it broke. Then someone said they were going to break the driver side window, released her from her seatbelt. She crawled out, stood up and walked away on her own. The police said they'd never seen anyone walk away from an accident that bad, usually they are pulling out bodies out, or someone critically injured.

She had a concussion, a hematoma, a broken finger, cuts and bruises but that's it.

Now that she's been told that for now she can't drive and needs a follow up with her primary doctor. She's also supposed to have consult for a heart monitor for at home.

So..........now we have to figure out how to make money to pay bills. I have been in overload and most definitely in shock over all of this. This morning I woke up in my bed for the first time in a few days and hoped it was all a dream.

Attached Thumbnails Mountaineer totaled-g7ipz6m.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Just glad everyone is ok.....cars, metal and plastic....they can be replaced/repaired.

A lot better than a situation I went through.....a knock on the door one Sunday afternoon and there are four state troopers on the other side to tell me my oldest son was a passenger in a car that was in an accident, no one in the car he was riding in survived.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Couldn't agree more; my "little" brother, all of 17 at the time, was riding too fast on his motorcycle, he went off the road, and, per the accident reconstruction, he tried to maneuver the bike to prevent too much damage to it. The good news is he succeeded; the bad news was he caught the tree right square in the belly; he died on the operating table two hours later.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that

Yea, my mom won't forget what the cop said at the scene. He said "they don't usually walk away from these"

Old 04-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Look, didn't mean to take this thread "off" even more......just me but I'd be happy she is ok.

Yes, trying to replace cars and this and that are a royal pain in the "@**" but it is better than what could have happened. So yes, I understand your concerns but be "thankful". The other stuff will work out.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Wow! Wow is all I can add to your post..

WBANG

Old 04-14-2016, 04:45 PM

Yea, it was definitely a miracle.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:49 PM

I know you all can't help much but even $10-$20 donation will help me an abundance.
https://www.givesendgo.com/JacksonMa...Ev54c.facebook

I'm also created a go fund me:
https://www.gofundme.com/2bcdzgas