Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

is my accord worth tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
cullen123
Unregistered
Default is my accord worth tuning??

hey, ive got a 99 accord ex coupe 2.3L 4 cyl. a bunch of guys at my work say im stupid for tuning an accord. theyre alwyas hatin on my ride! ARE THEY RIGHT???! is it really NOT worth tuning my accord for more power???

Old 05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: is my accord worth tuning??

Well if you enjoy modding cars then go for it.
I hate it when people say that modding an Accord is stupid, yet they dont know a tire from the seatbelt.

Go for it, and show them what an Accord can do. While simple bolt ons wont add much power it will be more fun to drive. You could always add a turbo or supercharger. Check out youtube, there are some really nice and fast Accords of your Gen.

Besides if modying an Accord is so stupid then why are there so many sites for Accord modifcation and parts?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 PM

Do whatever you want too. Its your money and time. 6th gen coupes are the sexiest body style that Honda made(sorry other gens). It doesnt take much to make them look hot. Wheels, drop, lip kit, tint, and your car will look hot

Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

5th gens are by farthe sexiest body style that Honda made(sorry other gens). It doesnt take much to make them look hot. Wheels, drop, lip kit, tint, and your car will look hot
I fixed your mistake for you jman

Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

NNAAAhh. NSX is the sexiest body style they made. Followed closely by the DB8. Or maybe the S2000.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Tunning.. is what exactly if u can let me know? pShhh im still a newb learning

Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

NNAAAhh. NSX is the sexiest body style they made. Followed closely by the DB8. Or maybe the S2000.
as a moderator im surprised by your reply, he said sexiest gen of accords, not sexiest model ever made by honda.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

Do whatever you want too. Its your money and time. 6th gen coupes are the sexiest body style that Honda made(sorry other gens). It doesnt take much to make them look hot. Wheels, drop, lip kit, tint, and your car will look hot
Ziggy, I don't see anything that says Accord. But, I do get what you're saying.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM

and as for modding your accord, the F series arent a bad platform to start with... they are pretty torquey, i figure some bolt ons would make it decently fun...

i have a 6th gen as well, when it still had the F23 in it i didnt think it was worth doing any mods to, so i did the best thing you can do for that car, a motor swap, i went with the h22a4, they are pretty much a drop right in swap, and it makes it oh so much more fun.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 PM

Define tuning. Are you talking engine work or what?

Quick Reply: is my accord worth tuning??