Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Nintendo owned everyone yet again

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Nintendo owned everyone yet again

For november Nintendo sold 2,058,000 consoles

DS 918K units
GBA 641K units
Wii 476K units

Sony by comparison sold 1,273,00 consoles

PSP 412K units
PS2 664K units
PS3 197K units

Microsoft brings up the rear but they hammered everyone on CURRENT non portable console with

Xbox 360 511K units

source

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14685

Old 12-10-2006, 07:47 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Nintendo owned everyone yet again

YEAAHHHH!!! GO XBOX!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

sony would have owned nintendo if there where more ps3s on the market, i personally own a 360.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:54 PM

Sony is only going to sell its PS3 b.c of their fan base. If sony put horse feces in a box, slapped a $600 price tag on it, people will still buy it. The GPU is superior on the 360, although the CPU is superior on the PS3. Developers will never be able to fully unlock its potential, b/c how inefficient the PS3 architecture is. For $600 your paying for Blu-Ray and useless cell processor. PS3 may win this generation console war, but it will be close if not they will lose. Next time around people will realize Microsoft actually knows what they are doing. The 360 is so easy to develop for Microsoft has released XNA, which is a basic game engine that will allow independent developers to make games for the 360. I am a game development student, and I have already worked on a few games for the 360. The 360 is by far the better machine all around. And the Wii is just revolutionary, the Wii is going to bring in a lot of casual gamers, who never though they would enjoy video games. Video games is the digital entertainment of the further, the industry is only going to keep growing.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 AM

Of course wii won, it shipped more duh...Let's do this comparison of who wins again in a years time once the market is saturated with both consoles. I'm personally going to get a Wii for casual gaming, but my heart belongs to PC = )

Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 AM

I just find it ridiculous that people are shooting people and/or also willing to give up their kid to some random guy for a whole week just to get a PS3.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: tom15425

I just find it ridiculous that people are shooting people and/or also willing to give up their kid to some random guy for a whole week just to get a PS3.
Buddy of mine got his house broken into, and he stole his PS3 and original xbox which was modded. The really messed up part is, it was his step daughter's dad. They were cool until now, the guy was just shady. Also they know it was him b/c his step daughter told him his dad got a PS3, so he went over and checked the serial number, and it was his PS3.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 PM

i would have walked into the kitchen and got a peice of fruit that you have to peel with a knife and a large cleaver...then I would have come out and worked some chopping skillz on his rear.....

Old 12-11-2006, 06:38 PM

that's nuts.... Sony had roughly 60% of the game market prior to the 360 release. So I'd guess that Sony will take 40%, and I'd give an even 30/30 split to nintendo and Xbox in a years time. However, I'd bet that nintendo is only going to get those numbers because so many gamers are going to buy multiple systems. $250.00 is the cost of less than 5 games to any 360 or PS3 owner why not buy one?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 PM

CK,

The fact that Nintendo sold as many Wii as they have is pretty much up to this point been labled a looser....

I think the fact that Nintendo has been selling the new DS like no tomorrow speaks volumes......holy crap man almost a million a month and who knows what december will bring.......

PS3 is going to be in shortage for the near future while the wii appears to be getting more and more pentiful.

Gaming ins't always about the fastest hardware, it's usually about the quality of game play.........

Quick Reply: Nintendo owned everyone yet again