Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Nintendo owned everyone yet again

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Nintendo owned everyone yet again

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

that's nuts.... Sony had roughly 60% of the game market prior to the 360 release. So I'd guess that Sony will take 40%, and I'd give an even 30/30 split to nintendo and Xbox in a years time. However, I'd bet that nintendo is only going to get those numbers because so many gamers are going to buy multiple systems. $250.00 is the cost of less than 5 games to any 360 or PS3 owner why not buy one?

it's actually $10.04 more for the WII versus 4 xbox 360 games that are selling for 59.99 a pop............

Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 PM

so you could save $49.95 by buying a WII with the 5 sports games instead of 5 xbox 360 games...and I would agree that quality of play far exceeds video qulity, in fact that's been a major complaint about the PS3 is that the interface sucks.... In terms of business though sony and xbox are loosing profits on each console and Nintendo is gaining... The battery recall didn't help out sony either..

Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 PM

Actually due to a recent drop in hardware prices, Microsoft is making $45 profit on the core console. Compared to launch when it cost them $700 to produce a core console. I don't know the situation on Sony though, but I would think they are selling them at cost, or making a small profit. Microsoft is going to do very well this time around. PS3 has no killer apps exclusive to the PS3. GTA 4 is going to be released for 360 and PS3 on the same day, FFXlll will be available only a bit after for the 360, and PS3 does't have Halo or Gears of War, two of the best games I have ever played. PS3 really has no must have exclusive titles, Microsoft has bought over a few of their exclusive developers, a main one being square enix(sp?), the makers of FFXlll. Its going to be a very interesting year next year.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:29 AM

not a chance that sony is selling PS3 consoles at cost. It will be at least a year or two before they can reduce the cost enoguh to make a profit. Sony's profit will come from the software sales. Same for MS and Nintendo, they have to sell the hardware at a loss in the beginning it is only after the cost reductions in the manufacturing process do they start to make money..........

Old 12-12-2006, 06:25 PM

Sony is loosing money on every console.... Nintendo is not loosing money but they have a small increase/profit.... Better than a loss!!

http://www.nforcershq.com/article6843.html

Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM

I was simply comparing ps3 to wii. Once everybody has a ps3 that wants one and everyone who wants a wii has one it would be better to look at the stats. ps3 vs wii vs 360 is the contest i'm curious about. hehe.

Of course it's about game play...don't get me wrong. I play counter-strike (1.6) until now with its dated graphics because it's fun = )

Seems like i'm the only PC gamer in this forum....anyone else a pc gamer?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 PM

I'm an old school PC gamer.... all my stuff was back in the day (Duke Nukem 3D, Doom etc.) I used to dial up over a modem to my buddies house and play Duke Nukem 3D one on one.... I got into Soldier of Fortune and Quake for a while but I've never been much of a home computer gamer...

Old 12-13-2006, 01:54 AM

Well, the amount of PS3 shipped is less than WII, so maybe thats the reason

Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: itzztrick

Well, the amount of PS3 shipped is less than WII, so maybe thats the reason

who's fault was that? I am sure if Nintendo shipped 3x as many they would have still sold out...... Sony rushed yet another product to market and as usual, they did not have enough to even keep their promise of X units available....kept that crap up right to the last minute....

I thought PSP was supposed to be the end all of portable gaming? UMD movies a flop, a lot of remakes of PS2 games

Old 12-14-2006, 12:05 AM

PS3 is losing i believe 170ish dollars and i think thats on the 600$ system.

The difference between the two price points the 500$ one doesnt have WiFi, the multicard reader and the 60g hard drive

dont complain about the cost between the 400 dollar 360 and the 600 dollar ps3, simply because to have the hd dvd drive for the 360 costs you 200$ alone then the WiFi is another 100$ then you have youre happy 60 gig drive with a 200$ cost on it. So theres 500$ on top of that starting 400$ price tag, even with the 300$ one you still are paying 800$ and you dont have a wireless controller

With the PS3 you still have use of the CD and DVD as well as the Blu-Ray and you dont have to have a freaking external drive to use it.

Other then the fact that microsoft is a bunch of douchebags doing what they do by sucking up all the existing video game market is what will make the PS3 an unrealistic buy, not the system itself..... other then the fact that Sony has had some majorly stupid PR about the release.

For me, I am getting a Wii. I refuse to live without a nintendo system ^_^ Will I get a PS3, then its hit 3rd or 4th generation sure. Assuming there are enough games out for me to want to get, Will I get an Xbox 360? HEEEEEEEELL NO.... I have a soul after all, I havent even paid money for my OS, school gives it to me for free ^_-

It ultimately turns into opinion for all the systems *shrugs*

Quick Reply: Nintendo owned everyone yet again