Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Old Official OFF-TOPIC Thread Is Done

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ugh oh spaghetti-o!

I couldn't not do it...

Name:  P1000158.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  255.2 KB

Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Who the hell is flo rida, that has to be the stupidest name I've ever heard. Rap is so stupid, all you need is a look, fake attitude because mommy didn't love you, and a good producer and you can make it in the rap buisness. Rap/Hip hop needs new name, it is nothing more than ghetto pop, it just pop gayness with a "cool" black guy.

Dude cameron that sucks man, I remmebr when I was like 16 or somthing I was throing up red after drinking my *** off the night before. I thought it was blood until someone told me I was chugging red gatorraid the night before but didn't remeber. You better get that sh*t checked out.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM

Danny, do you listen to ANY hip hop at all? The **** they play on the radio is stupid bull****, there are some great rappers out there... you might like P.O.S., I'd check him out.

Gatorade is some weird **** to throw up too... the dye stays after you've digested the liquid...

Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM

I used to be more into underground, and I really hate rap because I've been in that mindset, and it's a wrong mind set. Do I think some of the beats are good, yea, but I don't allow my self to listen to it. I guess it's my way of showing much I hate the way I used to be and think. Rap is only "good" because it's "cool", if it wasn't cool it wouldn't be popular. If it was uncool to blast rap everywhere no one would do it. That why I blast all types of rock everywhere I go, it's my statement to the youth, they're nothing more than conformist and don't realize it.

Anyways, I am sick and tired of my POS in dash, the SQ is fine but the interface is pissing me the **** off. I got it because I like to scroll through my songs, and not just press next. I'm looking at that new alpine single DIN HU with that small screen for Ipod control. Anyone seen or used this HU? I think I'm going to start shopping for a real HU. I was going to get a processor for this HU, but screw that I don't need an indash, I need a good interface, 6v preouts, and usable features.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM

i usually listen to folk rock, but i dunno where i heard the flo rida song but it was stuck in my head, the only rap/ hip-hop i listen to is fresh prince and dj jazzy jeff, the streets, and nwa.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 PM

6v pre-outs? holy ****. I got mine when 4v were just coming out... i'd get the Alpine iXA one, but ti's ipod only and I listen to cds that frineds brings and crap like that..

Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM

No turns out this HU only does 4v too, I thought it was 6v. I've made up my mind I'm defianlty trashing this valor garbage and I'm going to go with a Alpine iDA-X305 and an Alpine PXA-H100 sound processor. I've always been weary of getting a processor as I really don't know how to tune it right, and ti really takes a lot of experience. But this one seems worth while, you can set it up real nicely and easily. Best part is I think I'm going to just wait for my birthday and have my parents get me the HU, and I'll the processor.

The other thing I'm thinking about now. My dad just took back the high end JBLs I have been "borrowing" for my room. Instead of spending $400 on some home theather speakers I think I'm going to enclose my 6.5" VRs and use them as home speakers. Then spend the money on a nice pair of JL C5s, mmmmmmmmm. Now if only I had some money of my own.....

Old 03-18-2009, 06:32 PM

What's the difference between 4v and 2v? Just a louder, preamplified signal, so the amp will amplify it even more?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM

It its louder cleaner signal, so the amp doesn't have to amp it as much. Amplifiers produce distortion as they keep amplifying. It's really a lot more in depth then that but that basically my take on it.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM

Yeah, just needed a textbook definition...

MikeyMike is back....

Quick Reply: The Old Official OFF-TOPIC Thread Is Done