Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ricers, man come on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Default Ricers, man come on.

=/ It doesn't matter what you do to your car these days, you're considered a ricer if whatever you do doesn't add anything to the speed of the car. I have a 96 honda Accord, the exterior is not pretty, the interior is meh. I wasn't thinking of going ***** to the wall super ventilated body kit, and huge Wing. But something that would make the car look nicer than it does, now it seems that if you do anything to your car but keep it stock you're considered a ricer.

While the term doesn't bother me, it's just the idiocy behind it. I could understand people putting gigantic spoilers, and unnecessary kits that reach out a good two feet. But I'm not planning on racing this car, it's an old Accord, I'd lose to snails. I don't want to make it look like it's fast either, just nicer, I ask you good people of the discriminated car brand, what is wrong with that?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

"Nicer" is something which is extremely subjective; some might appreciate the types of mods you have outlined for your car, some won't. Without taking sides either way here, it does seem that the majority of folks think two foot spoilers and ventilated body kits are pretty useless (to be kind) and amount to anything but "nicer".

Long story short, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if such mods to your car make you happy, then what do you care what other folks think?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Administrator

And I agree with Shippo 1001%

As they say in some military circles..Push On !

Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I had to laugh at a friend of mine. He had an older honda civic and added like 20" rims, wing, sound system, headlights, taillights, which don't get me wrong hey make your car look nice or whatevs....but his car window was messed up and it had a super bad oil leak. I was like why didnt you fix those things before dumping $3000 in cosmetics?

I agree though it's stupid you are considered a ricer if you do any kind of physical mods , but I don't care what people think of my car anyways. lol

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by lidibolton
I had to laugh at a friend of mine. He had an older honda civic and added like 20" rims, wing, sound system, headlights, taillights, which don't get me wrong hey make your car look nice or whatevs....but his car window was messed up and it had a super bad oil leak. I was like why didnt you fix those things before dumping $3000 in cosmetics?

I agree though it's stupid you are considered a ricer if you do any kind of physical mods , but I don't care what people think of my car anyways. lol
LOL I agree with you on your friend, that was my entire mentality before I even did anything with this car. I just got it, luckily for me everything was WELL maintained by the previous owner, literally 3k dumped into fixing the engine, transmission, A/C everything in the front. It sat up for a year and there are a few minor leaks from rotted hoses but those are my main things to fix first, before I even do any outer mods.

I don't care so much as to be considered a ricer, it's not the fact that you're considered a ricer, it's just the stupidity behind the title I guess. I mean, the term Ricer, should really refer to those people who genuinely get useless mods in order to seem as if their car was now built to race you know?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up Who'd Of Thought..Ricer

And here I was thinking of ricer as this..

Attached Thumbnails Ricers, man come on.-ricer.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Man, I didn't eat all day today, such torment!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Ainokeato
LOL I agree with you on your friend, that was my entire mentality before I even did anything with this car. I just got it, luckily for me everything was WELL maintained by the previous owner, literally 3k dumped into fixing the engine, transmission, A/C everything in the front. It sat up for a year and there are a few minor leaks from rotted hoses but those are my main things to fix first, before I even do any outer mods.

I don't care so much as to be considered a ricer, it's not the fact that you're considered a ricer, it's just the stupidity behind the title I guess. I mean, the term Ricer, should really refer to those people who genuinely get useless mods in order to seem as if their car was now built to race you know?
First thing I did with my car when I bought it was put a thousand in it to do a major tune up, and fix it was like 1 thing to make it pass inspection.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree 100%. The people around where I used to live with, the ones who hung out in the parking lots with the sticker air vents , literally put on exhaust tips, maybe a new hood, and would say how fast their car was, want to street race or race on I95 smh.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
It needs chicken and broccoli on top.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM

I thought I heard my name...

I have a lot goin on under the hood but at this point my car is more of a sleeper. My exhaust even looks and almost sounds stock

Quick Reply: Ricers, man come on.