Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

SanDisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Default SanDisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player

We're considering buying a SanDisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player.

Anyone have one and, if so, what do you think of it?

Old 04-21-2007, 01:37 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: SanDisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player

Two of my friends have them and like them. What will you be using it for? And how much are they? Creative Zen Vision: M's are $200 and you get 30gb, video, music, pics, radio, microphone, and you can record off the radio. I like it alot more than the iPod.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Default RE: SanDisk Sansa 8GB MP3 Player

My wife wants to use it as she cruises around the house doing this and that. I figurethe playerand a cassette adaptermight make a useful addition to our 84 Venture Royale motorcycle's cassette player/intercom system.

The player as about $250 CAD locally. MP3 players with much larger capacity are available near that price, but I want a player with so-called flash memery, rather than a hard drive.I think the druability andreliability ofsolid-state memorywill be greater than a spinningHD, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

I understand that 8 gig is about the largest flash memoryavailable in this style player. 8 gig is one bigpile of music. I think that loading the thing is going to take some time (just naming each separate item is by itselfgoing to be a challange). Then, when that's finally done, searching through its menu trying to find what to play could be rather a pain, too.

To me it's better to have afamiliarrow of CDs staringme in the face to quickly choose from, rather thanhaving to navigatethrough a maze of menus or file"trees"on a 1.8" screen. (And I may very well need a magnifying glass to do it.)

Hopefully there's an easier way to do all of that than I've just described (song-selection by voice, for example). If there isn't, it'll be my wife's baby to have and to hold.