Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

so toyotas going down.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default so toyotas going down.

so news is, is that toyota is expecting its first loss since like 1949/50. havent heard a word bout honda. my whole family is toyota so i thought it would be funny to brag at christmas my accord will be round longer than there service. yes i know toyota wont be going under just good to be on top.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: so toyotas going down.

Well.......
http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp...2&nav=2uEL

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM

I think Honda is in a pretty good spot. Sure, every sector/business in this economy is getting hit. But Honda is not concerned with being the biggest like GM or Toyota. They do their own thing.I do wish, however, that the would get into the truck business (other than their Chevy Avalancheknockoff).Honda sometimes gets criticized for not being the most stylish. But they keep grinding out very dependable vehicles with excellent gas mileage. In the end at the most basic level that is what people want. With a down economy like this people will keep cars longer and look for used ones with good gas mileage. These cars are plentiful, dependable, affordable to buy and work on (unlike BMW/Mercedes), and has something to offer all tastes. That's just my .02 worth. What about others?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

"Honda sometimes gets criticized for not being the most stylish"

I see what you're saying, but I really hope they're not referring to the last few years '06 and up. I have an '02 LX and it's not the sexiest car on the road lol but it's reliable definitely. The '08 accords are the sickest car out there, maybe i'm biased lol but dam they're nice looking

Old 12-31-2008, 09:22 AM

I do like the looks of some of the newer Hondas as well. But I also don't have much problems with the others as well. I love my '96 Accord EX sedan. It also isn't sexy, but it sure is a nice car. I would prefer that Honda put nicer rims on it but once I found how rare that rim is, I'm more in like with them. I too am biased towards Honda. I have had Honda cars and motorcycles and they have all taken my abuse and kept on going.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 AM

Sure is a rare rim man. I'm surprised at how some people rather search for the rare stock rims than get some newer rims haha. I treat my accord as if it were a $100,000 car. That's my baby and it's hard to believe comin from a young guy but i'm real careful with my car. I already made a stupid move when i got it and while washing my car i used a scratchy sponge to scrape something off and now i have a dam whirwhilnd pattern on my hood. That's all the abuse i've contributed lol

Old 12-31-2008, 09:53 AM

I love my ride too! She aint flashy with a boomin stereo and stuff like that but that's not me anyway. I like tooling around town in a car that is paid off nearly 9 yrs and laughs at gas stations. I like hearing co-workers complain about there $400 -$500 car payments and premium gas requirements. I finally got through to the in-laws about Honda. They just bought a sweet 4wd Pilot. They are complete Ford fans. In fact they love them so much that they had 3 of them so that one is a spare to drive while another one is in the shop.For some strange reason that just never seemed odd to them.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:00 AM

lol funny stuff gator. My car is paid off too and i don't think there's any greater feeling. My purchasing story is a good one. I bought my accord from an old man i met doing community service at a Jewish Home. He told me he never used it so it turns it i got my '02 Accord for $8,000 and it had 10,500 miles on it!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM

Nice Sweagle! Wife and I are original ownersof ours. I posted some history about it on the high mile club. But was blown away when State Farm paid to repair this car when we got rear ended by young guy playing touchy feely with his buttercup. The bumper was pushed to the back window. The car had 290,000 mi. on her at the time. They replaced the trunk, rear window, spoiler, bumper, repainted entire car and that was about 170,000 - 190,000 miles ago. If they make a better car than this then someone needs to show me.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM

O man, what a crappy scenario gator with great outcome though! My car currently has 24,700 miles on it and I see many if not most people on here are past the 100,000 mile mark. What do you do to keep your beloved accord running well?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so toyotas going down.