Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results for the Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:21 PM
mkaresh
Unregistered
Default TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results for the Honda Accord

I've posted the latest results of TrueDelta's reliability survey to the site. These results are for the year ending December 31, 2006.

I'm currently collecting data on 2003 and later Accords. I don't yet have enough owners signed up to participate for earlier years. I only have enough responses to provide official results for the 2006; I should have results for additional model years in May. For all model years more participants would help a great deal.

For the 2006 Honda Accord, I have an average of 5.6 months of data on 32 cars. The stat of 0.3 successful repair trips per year is better than average, and about what I'm seeing for most Asian models.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Note that Consumer Reports' annual auto issue, out soon, includes reliability ratings for the year ending March 31, 2006. Because TrueDelta's surveys are more frequent, and we analyze the data promptly, our results will average over ten months' "fresher" than theirs. When considering a car, do you want to know how reliable it was a year ago, or how reliable it has been recently?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results for the Honda Accord

Reliability is a huge issue with me and that is why i chose to get an Accord. These are good findings to me, they let me know that I bought a good car....

Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
mkaresh
Unregistered
Default RE: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results for the Honda Accord

Your welcome.

Next set of results soon. The Accord's stat will remain about the same.

In general, Honda owners have been very interested in this research. Last time I looked, the Accord and Odyssey were tied in terms of the number enrolled in TrueDelta's research. One Odyssey forum has been very helpful, but the numbers are with the Accord, so it will soon be #1 if it isn't already.