Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Update: My transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Update: My transmission problems

This is an update to my other warning thread about a transmission shop:

Today I dropped my car off and at about 1:00pm I received a call stating that they will have to tear down the transmission to find the problem. I will be without my car for at least 2 days most likely a week by the time I am able to retreive it.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Default RE: Update: My transmission problems

Going through an auto takes time. Teardown and inspection, order needed parts, clean and reassemble. We usually figure 3-5 days. This the place that did the original work?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:06 AM

Chiovnidca,

Yes it is. Just so you understand The trans was rebuilt back in JANUARY of this year. It's now for all practical purposes July and I am still trying to resolve issue. I have taken the car back to the shop an average of every 2 weeks during the last 6 months to resolve these issues.

I do not have a problem buying parts that they had to replace since the rebuild

2md shift flare solving the problem of delayed 1-2 under more than 1/3 throttle.

"c" solenoid was replaced as it was thought that it was the cause of the problem with harsh reverse engagement and 3-4 shift slam under light throttle.

Yesterday I basically told the guy that if this was his car or his mom's car he would not be putting up with this kinda crap. I also told him that I noticed that he drives a honda and does it auto transmission act like this? He said he drives a civic with an auto with 113K on it and although it is different than an Accord, it does not act like this. I then said to him well would you not expect a car that costs an average of $6K more than a civic to have at least the same shift quality as a civic? He was forced to answer "you would expect it to be that way."

I have been polite and very understanding with them. Even now I still tell the guy that I no believe that he did anything wrong when rebuilding it but I believe that maybe some defective parts were installed and that I really need him to fix it as this is my PRIMARY SOURCE of TRANSPORTATION.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM

theres a tranny shop here in az called all transmission. its just as bad. autocrafters for that matter to. they put a new tranny in my hyundai (when i had that piece of crap) and that tranny went out in like a month. then they put a new one in under warranty and about a month later that one was starting to go out to. either the people installing or rebuilding just have not idea what they are doing.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM

It would seem to me that a tranny is an awfully expensive piece of machinery to screw around with old parts in...

Old 06-29-2006, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

Yes it is. Just so you understand The trans was rebuilt back in JANUARY of this year. It's now for all practical purposes July and I am still trying to resolve issue. I have taken the car back to the shop an average of every 2 weeks during the last 6 months to resolve these issues.

Maybe they finally figured out your not giving up. About time. Sounds like they need to go through the valve bodies a little better.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:43 PM

Well today I called asking for an update and they stated that they were doing some adjustments on the internal pressures. I asked for the person who is working on my car to call back with an update and he did not....I'll have more tomorrow

Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 AM

OK update:

Today at 7:30 I got a call stating that they have made some adjustments with the linear pressure switch and this has seemed to gone a long way towards solving the issue. He stated that he may have to open the unit and inspect the valve body- all covered under warranty.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 PM

OK update #1

This morning I received a call stating that the problem lies with the valve body and that they will have to open the trans and make the needed repairs. I asked about additional cost and they stated that any repairs at this point will be covered under warranty. I was told they would call back sometime today but I did not hear from them.

I am going to ask if they will extend the warrranty on the unit for if I can purchase an extended warranty.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:48 PM

sorry they haven't provided you with a high quality of work but I am glad to hear that they are fixing it... that's always a major plus...

Quick Reply: Update: My transmission problems