Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ford
25.58%
GM motors
19.77%
Diamler Chrysler
12.79%
Saturn
15.12%
Honda
2.33%
Toyota
2.33%
VW
4.65%
Other - post your worst car
17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

What car is the worst in your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: What car is the worst in your opinion

ORIGINAL: elvis

Don't be ******* on Fords. Let's see #1 selling vehicle in the world???Ford PU. 26 or 27 years in a row #1 selling in US Ford PU. I guess they're so bad that is why most fleets are Ford ...Mustang celebrating its 42 year anniversary. 85- present Mustangs are very dependable..Many have 100k and still haul a__. Maybe that is why hiway patrol units use Crown Vics and earlier Mustangs. (Because they are so undependable..they treat them so well you know...never idle for long periods of time) The Ford Explorer took SUVs to a new level, and made the mini van obsolete. Mustang, Thunderbird, GT40, GT, Thunderbolts, Lightnings, Saleens, Roush Mustangs, Shelby Mustangs, 427 SOHC motors, Boss 429 motor...I guess nobody ever wanted any othese b4. Cobras and Panteras used ford motors also because they were so unreliable. Oh yeah Ford took all the podium in 24 hrs @ Lemans from Ferrari with an unsophisticated motor 2 years running...the first to win over there from America. I like Hondas...Oh yeah the worst make Fiat..FixItAgainTony.

Police use Crown Vics becuase there is nothing else available for the longest time. The Diplomat dissapeared in '89 and the caprice followed in mid 90's. Now that Dodge has brought back the RWD platform to the masses, you will see almost every single police department run back to them with open arms.

http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger.html

enough said.

Crown Vic's have 2 serious issues

Fire

and

113mph due to composite drive shaft.

Ford Taurus was really the only good car if you did the following

upgrade brakes... who in the world puts 11" rotors on a car that weighs in at 3300+lbs? by comparison Honda's 4 cyl accords from 94+ have at least 11.5" rotors and 2900lbs V6 cars get even bigger brakes. The taurus did not get Accord quality brakes until '96 10 YEARS after they knew about the poor brake performance....why is that you ask? They were too cheap.

replace rad with a larger one on 3.8L

replace strut bearing plates

replace subframe bolts/mounts with solid ones

weld in suppots on the underside of the unit body to make it way stiffer.

I really liked my Sables- All 2 of them. The first one a 89- honda could not hold a stick to that car in terms of torque, space, and feature list. even in '92 the Sable was a better choice than the accord if you wanted room, V6, and quiet. My 89 lasted 196,400 miles of hard driving without so much as a whimper from the drive train. The '92 was totalled in 2000 at 143K (I t-boned a guy who ran a red light)

I had to do a lot of mods to get the car to have acceptable braking performance and chassis stiffness. The engine on the other hand was fairly easy to mod and get gains from porting and polishing and the overheating issue is easily solved by "flowing the heads" (opening up the cooling passages in the cylander head as they were too small)

(can you say supercharged 325whp 3.8L?)

IMHO I think GM is by far worse becuase they refuse to learn from their mistakes. They still produce cars based on 18 year old chassis technology, use cheap suspension components, and use engines that really need to be updated to more efficient designs. GM needs 3.8L to make 200hp while Honda only needs 3.0L to make 244??? I recently drove my dad's 2004 impala and I took him for a ride in my car and he could not believe the difference in quality and noise level when you ask the engine to get down to business. They have gone as far as to outsource Honda's 3.5L/5spd auto for use in their Saturn line becuase they cannot or are unwilling to make a design of their own.

Ford appears to see what has happened to GM and are despartely tring to fix things.

Chrysler leared a while ago and are making some kick butt no questions asked cars that people can actually afford....

Old 06-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Did I mention I hate Passports?

Old 06-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Thats a really nice Charger! (sry to get off topic). I know quite a few people here that have Chargers. In fact in my town a guy has two of them, one blue and one silver. In the silver one, everthing is either chromed or gold plated. Its insane....ill have to ****** a picture sometime.
Any pictures you got PM me please with a link

Again sorry to off topic a bit guys but I went to a American car meet we have every month at a local(ish) pub.
See link

Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 AM
sjs
Unregistered

The worst cars I have had in order (starting with the most rotten) are :

1. Tata Estate (Tata Motors). They probably make five of the six worst cars still made in India.
2. Ambassador (Hindustan Motors)
3. Premier Padmini (Fiat)
4. Maruti 800 (Maruti Suzuki)

Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
sjs
Unregistered

This post was a mistake but I am not able to delete it

Old 06-14-2006, 02:04 AM

My dad says those Ambassadors were indestructable (we are from india).

Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I forgot about the Chevy Vega....aluminum corroding and adding just as much oil to the engine as gas to the tank!

Old 07-07-2006, 02:12 AM
desi01
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

My dad says those Ambassadors were indestructable (we are from india).
Yes the older ones were very strong using very thick steel for the body, but the newer ones not so much, using cheaper materials. The Maruti cars were pimp lol, my grandparents has one of those, use it every day.

I would have to say that VW is one of the worst. There was a website that a guy made about his car once that broke down so much the dealer wouldn't fix it and he put giant stickers on his VW saying 'lemon', can't seem to find it.