Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What Do You Do For A Living?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: What Do You Do For A Living?

to get back on the math class topic, personally, I love math. always have. But to me anything beyond geometry shouldn't be required. (it goes, alg, geo, alg2, precalc, then calc. trig IS alg 2 now) Some people minds just arn't designed for math, their just good at other things. 4x^2+5x+7=4 people should learn to solve, but finding the focus of a hyperbole is pointless. now physics, however, is another story. basic physics should be required imo in place of alg 2. well over half the people that were in my algebra II class had no idea what they were doing anyway, they would memorize the formula's they needed and various rules and just do that. Not many people had a true understanding of the topics.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Is it possible to exaggerate thefocus of a hyperbole?

Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Just imagine someone designing the next bridge you drive over. Do you reallywant them to just kinda ya'know, "that beamLOOKS like it ought to be about strong enough..."
LOL!

i believe that math is taught in school as a way to learn critical thinking and see "outside the box". Also, advanced math helps stimulate your brain, and the brain is like a muscle, if you use it, it gets "stronger", ergo, your thinking abilities will be better (become smarter).
And in my case (mechanical engineering student), I need math... And love it for that matter... (I know im weird)
I think Kevin here has one of the better answers about the Math and why it is what it is
Back to the subject men as to What Do You Do For A Living?
WheelBrokerAng (it's what I do)

Old 05-12-2008, 07:52 AM

Part time server at Minado Sushi Buffet. Awesome job. no joke.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 AM

^^ love that place!! I ate there last week!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Just imagine someone designing the next bridge you drive over. Do you reallywant them to just kinda ya'know, "that beamLOOKS like it ought to be about strong enough..."
LOL!

i believe that math is taught in school as a way to learn critical thinking and see "outside the box". Also, advanced math helps stimulate your brain, and the brain is like a muscle, if you use it, it gets "stronger", ergo, your thinking abilities will be better (become smarter).
And in my case (mechanical engineering student), I need math... And love it for that matter... (I know im weird)
I think Kevin here has one of the better answers about the Math and why it is what it is
Back to the subject men as to What Do You Do For A Living?
WheelBrokerAng (it's what I do)
wwweeeeee!!!! im winning! lol! j/k
Thanks angelo!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 AM

falkore, make a trip to PA for minado in norristown. i'll hook you up with free sake haha

Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Promoted to Paramedic

Old 05-13-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: tnguyen600

falkore, make a trip to PA for minado in norristown. i'll hook you up with free sake haha
Sweet!!! How far is that from NYC? I went to Minado's in NJ .... Edgewater, I think.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM

isn't it like 4-5 hours (granny-style driving)? anyways, the mother of one of my mechanic friends is japanesse. She brought Sake and I personally think it tastes like dirt and rice... are you supposed to mix it w/ something? i had it normal temp, not cold...

Quick Reply: What Do You Do For A Living?