Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What level are Hondas on??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Default What level are Hondas on??

Where on the motoring food chain are Hondas?
I always thought they were at the higher end,but other people disagree.
This is MY list.

Mercedes.
BMW.
Audi.
Honda.
VW.
Toyota.
Ford.
Vauxhall.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Default RE: What level are Hondas on??

You can't really put Honda above acura (unless you're grouping them together) and I believe that most people think VW is more of a "luxury" car than honda, Toyota and Honda are about even but I'd say, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Acura, VW, Honda, Toyota.... According to your list anyway.... They are really nice cars but if you don't like imports you won't think much of them... if you're okay with imports then it's no secret that Honda's will run longer than most any car on the road

Old 09-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Didn't Motor Trend pick the Accord in their annual 10 Best something like 18 years out of 20? That should give you a clue. I'll take Japanese simplicity over German complexity anytime.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:01 PM

I'd agree with you 100% RtexasF I was speaking more about non-honda owners general perception of the cars, they're great rated and reliable, comfortable etc but they don't exactly scream luxury, extreme power or rich.... When you see a BMW or Mercedes drive down the road people generally think there's a really nice car, expensive, but nice, when they see an accord they just think oh look another car... if that makes sense, I'd agree that rating wise Honda's are the best out there, however, perception wise I think the public generally catagorizes them as just some car, no luxurious, not fast, just an every day reliable car

Old 09-23-2006, 08:25 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'd agree with you 100% RtexasF I was speaking more about non-honda owners general perception of the cars, they're great rated and reliable, comfortable etc but they don't exactly scream luxury, extreme power or rich.... When you see a BMW or Mercedes drive down the road people generally think there's a really nice car, expensive, but nice, when they see an accord they just think oh look another car... if that makes sense, I'd agree that rating wise Honda's are the best out there, however, perception wise I think the public generally catagorizes them as just some car, no luxurious, not fast, just an every day reliable car
I agree. I have a friend who recently got rid of his older BMW and according to him it costs around $300 just to diagnose any problem the car has. Thats insane....

Old 09-23-2006, 08:42 PM

My dad had an audi quattro A4 and 1 headlight for that thing was $210.00 (cheapest I could find) parts are just spendy and aftermarket stuff doesn't exist for a lot of them.... He about puked when I showed him a set of stock Honda lights on e-bay for $10.00

Old 09-25-2006, 12:52 AM

id put honda in front of mercedes any time. my ML repairs costed me as much as the car itself. even with the warranty
its a pain in the **BUTT** just taking it to the dealer every week for something. honda so far ,only an oil change.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:51 AM

me too. my neighbors BMW (and ex-neighbor's Mercedes) are always in the shop...

and I mean always!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you got the list all wrong in terms of reliability

Toyota.
Honda.
Ford.
Mercedes.
BMW.
Audi.
VW.