Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   what's your favorite cheap beer? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/whats-your-favorite-cheap-beer-16897/)

stringsmjm 03-15-2008 09:46 PM

what's your favorite cheap beer?

...which do you chose if you dont want to fork over the extra $$

Miller high life lite is my choice for a cheap beer

marbro 03-15-2008 09:48 PM

RE: what's your favorite cheap beer?

home microbrew ^_^

stringsmjm 03-15-2008 09:59 PM

damn that is cheap lol

DA KID RYU 03-15-2008 10:06 PM

Bud ice..
miller high life...nice

live2rice 03-15-2008 10:46 PM

i wouldnt consider high life cheap, you cant get it in 30s can you. but it does taste delicious.

my favorite cheap beer is coors

DA KID RYU 03-15-2008 11:01 PM

coors eww....lol
miller is cheap its a 1.50

live2rice 03-15-2008 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: DA KID RYU

coors eww....lol
miller is cheap its a 1.50

yeah my bad i was thinking of miller chill........that stuff is delicious

DA KID RYU 03-15-2008 11:08 PM

yea miller chill its good too...
the expensive one is budweiser with clamato...
i rather get the clamato and the 20 pack its cheaper...

stringsmjm 03-16-2008 09:47 AM

Milwaukee's best light would be my 2nd choice....it's alot cheaper than high life..and i think they come in 30's

t00fatt 03-16-2008 10:16 AM

Miller High life the champagne of beer!

I prefer investing in the Heineken or Grolsh (SP?). High life is necessary on the boat. Running out of brews out there really blows. Then there is always the sensimillia;)

BlkCurrantKord 03-16-2008 12:10 PM

You guys might as well drink water if you're gonna drink a "light" beer.

Anything by Sam Adams or Great Lakes Brewing Co.

accord4sroy 03-16-2008 12:37 PM

Its all cheap lol.

gomarlins3 03-16-2008 12:56 PM

Coors light. Party beer!!!

tcheema 03-16-2008 03:11 PM

Coors Light!! But then again, after a few it all begins to taste like water anyway lol.

00AccordLX5spd 03-17-2008 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

i wouldnt consider high life cheap, you cant get it in 30s can you. but it does taste delicious.

my favorite cheap beer is coors
You can down here in Mississippi.

I do not consider any of the following to be cheap beers:
Coors
Miller Lite or MGD
Bud Light or Budweiser
Bud ice

Cheap Beers to me cost less than $4 per six pack (Normally around $3.50 for a sixer) and include:
Pabst Blue Ribbon (in Mississippi this stuff is around $10 per case - and it is awesome)
Natural Light
Miller High Life
Southpaw (5.0 % alcohol and tastes good)
Keystone (Light and Ice)
Milwaukee's Best (Light, regular, and ice)
Strohs
Old Milwaukee
I'm sure there are more, but it's been a few years since I graduated college

In college, my beer of choice was either Pabst (If I could ever find it), Natural Light, Keystone, or Milwaukees Best (AKA Beast). All could be had for $12 or less for a case of 24. They just now started packaging beer in 30 packs in Mississippi, so I'm not sure how much any of those would be in a 30 pack.

I tried Miller Chill one day and wanted my money back. No one can call that Beer.

My favorites now are:
Sam Adams (Any kind)
Boddington's
Guinness
Michelob Spaten
Becks

t00fatt 03-17-2008 04:45 PM

Yeah they have 32s of high life here in Miami too. Has anyone been to the Bahamas and had Kalik Gold? 7% if I remember correctly. You can get Kalik regular(5%) and light(4%) here but no gold:(. Nothing like drinking the neck then adding a shot of jose curevo to knock you down. Ahhh I miss the Bahamas[sm=alcoholic.gif]

00AccordLX5spd 03-17-2008 04:51 PM

Yeah I had it. it was good. However it didn't have anything on Singhai beer in Thailand. If I remember correctly it was between 7% and 9% and it tasted good. it would knock you down too

tallgood 03-17-2008 07:18 PM

Old Style On the cheap end. Sam Adams Boston Lager on the high end. Yum.

RTexasF 03-17-2008 07:23 PM

Favorite cheap beer? The one someone else paid for!

DA KID RYU 03-18-2008 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Favorite cheap beer? The one someone else paid for!
now this is a good beer....lol

BlkCurrantKord 03-18-2008 07:36 AM

When I was in the carribean I had a local beer called Stag...it was horrible. But they also sold guiness, didn't quite taste the same as the guiness we get here in the states.

Anyone ever notice that guiness tastes like **** out of a can or bottle? I think it tastes best when its draft only.

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 08:30 AM

I think it is OK out of a can or bottle, but definitely nothing to write home about. Nothing compared to Guinness draft. I usually never buy it in cans or bottles unless they are on sale. I do buy Guinnes Extra Stout in bottles though and I think it is a lot better than the regular Guinness "draft in a bottle" or however they advertize it.
Has anyone ever noticed Heineken and Corona are actually skunky if you get them in the bottles? If you buy the cans there is an enormous difference. The cans don't taste skunky like the bottles do. I still think Corona and Heineken both are highly overrated though. I also only buy them if they are on sale. When I was in Thailand, Heineken in a bottle actually tasted good. It tasted nothing like it tastes over here.

sir_nasty 03-18-2008 11:12 AM

PBR (pronounced P-ee-ber) is a good cheap bear (Pabst) I'm also a high life fan... Lately I've been getting bud ice since you can get a 24oz can for like a $1.20 or so....

On the other end of the spectrum guiness stout is great (much better in germany) and yeah Heineken in the states doesn't compare to the overseas stuff (I had it in germany/holland). I'm also a big fan of Fat Tire (Colorado Microbrew) but I think it's only available in the NW part of the US. If you like sam adams then a fresh fat tire would be an amazing beer...

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 11:21 AM

I've been hearing a lot about fat tire. I need to go check out a new restaraunt we have in Jackson that supposedly has 50 different beers on tap. they give you a punch card and after you try all 50 you get some kind of prize (either a free beer or a free meal I think.) Wohoo! Thankfully you do not have to drink all 50 in one sitting. If I was still single and with no children though I would probably atempt to drink all 50. I would probably wind up in the back of a cop car before the night was over....

klrspz 03-18-2008 11:29 AM

my fav beers are Shiner and Fat Tire.. wouldn't drink anything but those if i had to... maybe heniken if i was dying of thirst....

but Shiner/Fat Tire aren't exactly "cheap"... $8/$10 for a 6pack, which isn't horrible, but i think you guys are most talking about the 24 packs for 10 bucks? i'd rather get blazed then drink cheap beer

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 11:32 AM

...or drink cheap beer while blazed.....

But yeah...for me to categorize beer as "cheap" you must be able to buy a 24 pack for around $12 or less. I am sometimes shocked though at the price of 24 oz cans of beer I wouldn't necessarily call "cheap." Sometimes you could buy 6 24 oz beers for less than you could buy 12 12oz beers!

BlkCurrantKord 03-18-2008 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I think it is OK out of a can or bottle, but definitely nothing to write home about. Nothing compared to Guinness draft. I usually never buy it in cans or bottles unless they are on sale. I do buy Guinnes Extra Stout in bottles though and I think it is a lot better than the regular Guinness "draft in a bottle" or however they advertize it.
Has anyone ever noticed Heineken and Corona are actually skunky if you get them in the bottles? If you buy the cans there is an enormous difference. The cans don't taste skunky like the bottles do. I still think Corona and Heineken both are highly overrated though. I also only buy them if they are on sale. When I was in Thailand, Heineken in a bottle actually tasted good. It tasted nothing like it tastes over here.
Every Corona I've ever had tasted skunky.

In my area we have a resturaunt called the Winking Lizard, they have over 100 beers to choose from and have a draft of the month that includes a glass that goes with the beerif you choose to pay for it. We also have a bar call 69 Taps, obviously it has 69 kinds of beers, on tap.

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

In my area we have a resturaunt called the Winking Lizard, they have over 100 beers to choose from and have a draft of the month that includes a glass that goes with the beerif you choose to pay for it. We also have a bar call 69 Taps, obviously it has 69 kinds of beers, on tap.
I'm jealous.

Have you ever tried Corona in a can? They just recently started selling it down here and it doesn't taste skunky at all to me. The same thing goes for Heineken. But every bottle of Corona I ever had tasted skunky....even in Mexico. Supposedly it is because they use clear bottles. The light that passes through the clear glass (or green glass in Heineken's case) supposedly skunks it. That's why the majority of beer makers use brown glass bottles. However, I have never had a Miller High Life or MGD that tasted skunky and they both come in clear bottles...

ckebottle 03-18-2008 01:16 PM

Modelo! I think it's cheap? Been a while since I bought beer.

stringsmjm 03-18-2008 03:58 PM

HELL YEAH!!! my beer topic is running hard and strong!!! lol man u guys are pretty cool

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 04:00 PM

Modelo is far from cheap. It is one of the most expensive beers here in Mississippi.It's $8 or more for a six pack! I love it though!

stringsmjm 03-18-2008 04:07 PM

Modelo is far from cheap. It is one of the most expensive beers here in Mississippi.It's $8 or more for a six pack! I love it though!
I couldn't agree more, it's a great tasting Mexican beer deff not cheap either. I think it's prob in my top 5 fav beer's of all time.

00AccordLX5spd 03-18-2008 04:38 PM

I guess I never actually said what kind of beer I buy when I buy cheap beer. 99% of the time when I buy beer if I'm not buying imports or microbrews, I buy Natural Light. If you took Natural Light and poured it into a cup and also poured Bud Light into a different cup, and made some hater who says "Natural Light tastes like crap" but drinks Bud Light taste both of them - I guarantee you if they picked them correctly it would be pure luck. Natural Light tastes exactly like Bud Light. I like Miller Lite too though, it's just too expensive for me when Natty tastes so good and only costs $3.50 or less for a six pack compared to $5 or more for a six pack. When I was a freshman and sophomore in College, Miler Light used to be on the cheap end. Then all of a sudden the prices got jacked up to exactly the same as Bud Light.

klrspz 03-18-2008 05:12 PM

I've heard the same about Corona and the clear glass... and actually a good reason why most stronger beers use tinted glass...

We have a few places like your Winking LIzard called Flying Saucer... 200+ something beers... a friend of mine has a plaque (sp??) on the wall stating he's tried everyone... but in reality since they used to be our customer we just fibbed the database to show he had tried all beers :)
and all we got was a measly free pint of piss water!

amizzlesmizzle 03-18-2008 11:18 PM

natty light, or steel reserve, but don't drink too much steel reserve..it's some metal filled STUFF.

ckebottle 03-19-2008 03:04 AM

Oh modelo is expensive...ok cheap beer then keystone ice.

WheelBrokerAng 03-19-2008 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

I'm jealous.

Have you ever tried Corona in a can? They just recently started selling it down here and it doesn't taste skunky at all to me. The same thing goes for Heineken. But every bottle of Corona I ever had tasted skunky....even in Mexico. Supposedly it is because they use clear bottles. The light that passes through the clear glass (or green glass in Heineken's case) supposedly skunks it. That's why the majority of beer makers use brown glass bottles. However, I have never had a Miller High Life or MGD that tasted skunky and they both come in clear bottles...
Hey Jon...they probably put in MSG to keep it Fresh [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

WheelBrokerAng 03-19-2008 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: amizzlesmizzle

natty light, or steel reserve, but don't drink too much steel reserve..it's some metal filled ****.
You Need to use a better choice of words please, ive never tasted POOP, so I doubt that most members have either..so take out the***** in any and all of your posts..
Thank You !

WheelBrokerAng :(

BlkCurrantKord 03-19-2008 07:47 AM

Didn't know they put Corona in a can now. I'll have to look for that next time I buy beer, which will probably be saturday. Also at that resturant, they have a beer tour that's setup by the brewmaster, drink all the beers on the tour and fill in the booklet they give you and you attend a party at the end of the year and get a jacket.

www.winkinglizard.com - Next time you're in Ohio I suggest you check it out. The food is alright, nothing to write home about.

Another of mine and my friends favorites is Lenien Kugel, a Wisconsin micro brew. If you ever see it, get the Berry Weiss, soooo good.

00AccordLX5spd 03-19-2008 08:32 AM

That place looks frickin sweet! When I go to a place like that, I normally don't give a crap what the food tastes like. Although they usually do need to be able to make a good plate of Nacho's to keep the wife happy.

I totally LOL'd at Ang's statement in the post 2 above this onehttp://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/i...es/roflmao.gif