Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The Wii Mote and three balls golfing, great story...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Default The Wii Mote and three ***** golfing, great story...

So my friend found out yesterday that someone had returned a nintendo Wii and ran over and bought it so we gathered some people together for a test run. The graphics on the 5 games aren't that great but they are still pretty fun games due to the revolutionary controller.... The best part of the night (aside from me almost taking out a ceiling fan light on my follow through *L*) was when my buddy decided to try the golf game while in a kneeling postion.... He hit the first few just fine and was doing ok until he mis-judged his follow through and tagged himself in the groin with the back of his fist and promptly collapsed into a fetal position and started groaning.... *LOL* That game system is sweet (the backwards compatibility thing is cool to so we fired up some gamecube games and those played just fine) So it's no graphics giant and you have to be somewhat carefull and heed the warning's that nintendo put on every other screen about attaching the wrist strap and beware of people standing around you but it is still by far one of the most revolutionary leeps in gaming I've seen in ages.... and the future mayhem of multiplayer games swinging remotes all over is sure to yeild some great stories!!!

Honda's rule!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: The Wii Mote and three ***** golfing, great story...

Ahha Wii isn't supposed to be a graphics power house. it's supposed to be a fun gaming machine and it looks like it lives up to that premise.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:22 PM

it's a blast to play, the boxing game is pretty cool too since you have a part of the controller in each hand and you just stand there and punch/dodge and it registers all your movement.... It's got my vote for fun but I still want an xbox 360 down the road.... My graphics review is coming later on when I can get a decent game and the proper cables to test it

Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

it's a blast to play, the boxing game is pretty cool too since you have a part of the controller in each hand and you just stand there and punch/dodge and it registers all your movement.... It's got my vote for fun but I still want an xbox 360 down the road.... My graphics review is coming later on when I can get a decent game and the proper cables to test it
Wahoo! Go 360! I think the Wii would be pretty fun to play! I havent had a chance though But the Xbox 360 is a very good choice. I am loyal (so also a little biased) for the Xbox, as they invented the game system hard drive, and multiplayer over the internet. Playstation is just way overrated. I mean, what fun is a system that has had the same controller for ALL of its versions? blah. And $600? Thats crazy, I played it with a friend at wally world, and I admit it was fun and the graphics were good...but not $600 good. I would highly recommend the 360 as its cheaper, will have Halo 3, and its multiplayer has a central server unlike the PS3 even though its service is free. GO 360! And Hondas too...[8D]

Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 PM

In all fairness the gamecube did come out first and had the ability to put in an online card they just didn't use it very well at all *L* and yeah HALO 3 is the whole reason I'm getting a 360.... Halo 2 online rocks and I'm stoked to play 3.... However my better half is hardcore Nintendo so we have to get one of those along with twilight princess, Which means I need a new TV so it looks better *LOL*

Old 11-22-2006, 02:15 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

haha I suppose! So whats your rank on Halo 2? I'm a 28. s/n is Power Surge LDR

Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM

I only got to play online for like 2 or 3 months before I lost my DSL so I haven't been on for a while but I was about level 14 or 15 when I quit so not anywhere near your level yet.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I see! Well thats to bad about your DSL. You better get it back before Halo 3!

Old 11-25-2006, 05:40 PM

You guys should try PC too. Battlefield 2 is so amazing with it's 64 man servers! Huge battles. And Quake Wars is going to be amazing as well. I think i've convinced my gf that if she buys a wii she can use it for "cardio" haha.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:03 PM

I'm just waiting for someone to sue from "tennis elbow" after playing it *L* It can give you a bit of a work out if you were to play the boxing game for any extended amount of time... Could be a great cardio workout Tae-Bo style....

Quick Reply: The Wii Mote and three balls golfing, great story...