Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Your opinion on the Honda S2000

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Your opinion on the Honda S2000

Damn, with the exception of a few, we got a bunch of youngins in here.

1. It is a good sports car for what it is and can do, but for the person out there than can really afford one (new) that buyer could also afford something more like a Lotus. Honda is and has always been about (IMO) cheap, reliable, power in their cars. It has a great engine and an awesome chassis. Its only a 4cyl and puts out almost as much HP as some V6's while still getting decent gas mileage for a sports car.

2. male

3. 25

Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord
1. It is a good sports car for what it is and can do, but for the person out there than can really afford one (new) that buyer could also afford something more like a Lotus. Honda is and has always been about (IMO) cheap, reliable, power in their cars. It has a great engine and an awesome chassis. Its only a 4cyl and puts out almost as much HP as some V6's while still getting decent gas mileage for a sports car.
The MSRP for an Elise is $46k, the Exige is $61k. The S200 is $34k and the CR is $36k. That's a minimum price difference of $8k. That's like going from Honda to Acura...

Old 05-07-2008, 08:02 AM

Put em on a track and tell me which one performs better.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM

^^ & you most likely wouldn't need to mod the Lotus.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Age is notan important matter,not all"youngins" are inexperienced idiots... I believe I have a pretty good knowledge of cars and turbos... I know many make stupid comments and they don't search, ect... but don't generalize... My parents never gave me $ for my car, I had to buy it myself and build it on my $. Now my dad helps me as a distraction after what happened on Feb. But no $...

Don't be so rude man... at least with those who have been here for a while now... I know you have tons of knowledge and I always read your posts, and learn a lot...
Sorry if this comment seems harsh... not my intention.
Thank you for your understanding

Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

Age is notan important matter,not all"youngins" are inexperienced idiots... I believe I have a pretty good knowledge of cars and turbos... I know many make stupid comments and they don't search, ect... but don't generalize... My parents never gave me $ for my car, I had to buy it myself and build it on my $. Now my dad helps me as a distraction after what happened on Feb. But no $...

Don't be so rude man... at least with those who have been here for a while now... I know you have tons of knowledge and I always read your posts, and learn a lot...
I commented on age only, not exactly sure how thats rude as I made an observation. You obviously have some other issue about it, your immature response speaks it loudly.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 PM

I commented on age only, not exactly sure how thats rude as I made an observation. You obviously have some other issue about it, your immature response speaks it loudly.
Why are your posts over at 6GA all happy-go-lucky, but when you come over here they are all blunt, snide comments towards people's intelligience? Also, I don't see how any of that post could be considered as immature. In fact, it actually shows maturity in that he's expressing an opinion without cutting others down and keeping his cool.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM

thanks finch...
Blk: im not fighting you, im asking politely to plz stop making rude comments about everything, specially forum members...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:18 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: finch13

Why are your posts over at 6GA all happy-go-lucky, but when you come over here they are all blunt, snide comments towards people's intelligience? Also, I don't see how any of that post could be considered as immature. In fact, it actually shows maturity in that he's expressing an opinion without cutting others down and keeping his cool.
My posts, despite what forum they occur on, are always in the same happy-go-lucky mood. If its ever not, its when I answer the same question 30,000 times and someone doesnt take the time/effort to look for the answer and they want it spoon fed to them. Whatever information and knowledge I have, is b/c I looked it up, got some hands on experience, or asked the right questions.No one spoon fed it to me and I'm not about to do the same for them.

When/where exactly have I made any snide comment about anyone's intelligence?

First I said this - "Damn with a few exceptions in here, we got a bunch of youngins in here"

That was nothing more than an observation of what people put at their ages. I wasn't aware everyone in here was so young. You, KevinAccord, whoever, please explain to me how that was in anyway....rude or judgemental to anyone's intelligence. I'm still unsure how making an obvious observation is considered rude. Did I say anything about anyone on here being stupid b/c they were young? No....

If you guys had any kind of issue with how I respond on here, there's a pm box for a reason.

Kevin I think you read a little to far into what I said as some kind of insult, which as I've stated several times now, wasn't, and not sure how you even got any kind of an insult out of that.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:53 PM

yoyoyo son!

Quick Reply: Your opinion on the Honda S2000