PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Honda Accord EX-L, 2016, with Sensing Package

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Default Honda Accord EX-L, 2016, with Sensing Package

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and, in the interest of transparency, I'll tell you exactly why I joined. I want to sell my fully loaded 2016 Honda Accord EX-L with Sensing Package. Black color inside and outside. It's a super smooth ride with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. I "bought" it end of August/early Sept. This is the story. I HATE the car because I was bullied into buying it by the @)(#*@%)&#@% at Honda Schaumburg (Bob Rohrman) to be exact located in Illinois. They literally harassed me for over 6 hours, intimidated and yelled at me, never left me alone to think or talk to anyone, and wore me down until I @#(*&@ said yes. For the first time in my life, I now understand how false confessions are made. I would have agreed to anything just to get the @#(*@ away from them. My God, non-stop, they kept talking, I couldn't think, I couldn't breath...it was relentless and only ended (9:30ish pm) when I said ok. Then they quickly made me sign paperwork. They told me they wouldn't check my credit, only to find out they did. They asked me my salary before they told me the price of the car. They forced me to give up my previous car - and offered me less than the carmax quote I had taken in -- and yes, I signed everything because I was extremely exhausted, tired, and couldn't think straight.

At the end of this nightmare, I'm sitting in the car with the "salesman" and I asked about one of the features he had shown me. He said "oh, that's not the car you bought." And all I could say was "Ok". Does that give you a sense of how wiped I was? He even said to me that he "wasn't going to let you go until I made this sale." I visited 3 other dealerships within 3 weeks, and none of them did what these @#&$@#%&*#_%'s did. I looked online and their reviews suck (similar stories to mine). They've also had 5 Better Business Bureau complaints within a few months.

Long story short, I will never buy a Honda because of this experience. In fact, when I was shopping for a vehicle, I told them explicitly that I was looking for an SUV (and no, I didn't like any of the Honda SUV's they showed me).

Given this traumatizing experience, I want to sell my car. In fact, I HATE it because it brings up horrific memories. It's true that Honda's go forever, are excellent cars with little maintenance, and one of the top 10 cars to own. This is one of the best rides I've had and I love the safety and amazing gadgets that are built in. But I simply despise the car because of how it all went down. I'm willing to take the financial hit so that I can recuperate emotionally. So, if anyone is interested in a fairly brand new car - 1800 miles (303 when I bought it and they still sold it to me "new"), I'm very eager to sell. Selling for $26,500, but will consider reasonable OBOs.

Specs:
Sensing package with Collision Mitigation Braking
Adaptive Cruise control
Lane Keeping Assist System
Forward Collision Warning
Lane Departure Warning
Road Departure Mitigation
185-hp (SAE Net), 2.4-Liter, 16-Valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with Direct Injection
16-Inch Alloy Wheels
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines3
Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio4
Eco Assist™
Daytime Running Lights
Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto‑On/Off
Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars
Sunroof
Factory Installed Navigation

Attached Thumbnails Honda Accord EX-L, 2016, with Sensing Package-main-accord.jpg   Honda Accord EX-L, 2016, with Sensing Package-main-2-accord.jpg  

Last edited by shipo; 11-05-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Removed E-Mail address to prevent web crawlers from grabbing it