Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

audio on when engine is off

Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Default audio on when engine is off

hi guys, i am thinking to do something to my audio.
what i'm thinking is so that even when my engine is off, and when my key is not even inserted, i can turn my audio on.

some people have recomended me some things like calcium battery, another engine battery, ect.

what would be the best for this kind of mods you guys think

Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: audio on when engine is off

Even simpler: Take the wire connected to your ignition and connect it to your battery with a fuse. I don't get why you would want to do this though... you are going to forget it sooner or later and come back to a dead car.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 PM

Ill tell you something... I have a dvd/mp3 Stereo where of course i can play dvds and all so one day waiting for my girlfriend to come home im sitting in her driveway and i poped in a dvd and it was p*rn but i wasnt wanking... I then got out my car when she got home 30 min later and wow did it take up alot of power becaause the next morning i get back in my car and try to start up my baby and she didnt want to turn on for me... I then had to jump my car... What a waste.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you could wire a diode into the ACC line to the radio, then after the diode, closer to the radio, wire in a 12V lead with a switch to put in the cabin. This way, you have the system working normally with a power-off override switch so you can turn on the radio without the key.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM

yea it sounds like your memory wire that is just meant to keep you from losing the time and programmed settings and stations got tied in to your power and acc on your radio. i'd just take a test light and pull the radio out find the wire thats on when your ignition is on and off when your ignition is off. tie your main power wire off of your radio into it. that should do it. and pop the hood and check your acc/radio fuse and make sure it's not blown before you check for power. (test lights are like 3 bucks from most autoparts stores)

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 PM

@finch13: i was thinking thats the best way until now as well...
but i also want a guaranty that if i did left my audio on, i can still use the car without the audio and the car will eventually charge the audio battery.
that is why i wanted a separate battery

Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 AM

Even simpler, Run a wire from the battery (Fused of course) to the power wire of the radio.
But as previouslt states, one day you'll forget and wake up to a drained battery.
I'm not sure how though, because if you turn your car off and you still hear music, that should be a sign

Old 05-15-2008, 04:37 PM

this could be very easily done with a simple toggle switch.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:00 AM

@ziggy: what you mean by a simple toggle switch? to and from what?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: tru3_k177

@ziggy: what you mean by a simple toggle switch? to and from what?

the remote wire, the one that turns on your stereo, its usually marked remote or ACC, run that line straight to the battery, throw a toggle switch on it, and your done, that line is usually wired to a fuse in your fuse box (through the wire harness) to turn on the deck, as well as everything else that comes on, when the key is turned.... just bypass this, and use a toggle switch instead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: audio on when engine is off