Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

eventful weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default eventful weekend...

Ok...so, I had been toying with the idea of selling the M3, mostly because I wanted to get the equity out of it. I want to buy a home in the next year or so, and the money is much more effectively used there. In addition, since I moved to Flagstaff, my father and I had been taking about doing a vehicle swap. His 95 Passport 4x4 for my 07 Accord SE. They dont need the 4x4 in that vehicle, and I really would like one for the winters and mountain roads here. We agreed on a trade plus cash to take place in October.

I posted the M3 a few weeks back on the usual locations (craigslist,cars.com, m3forum, e46fanatics) and didnt get a lot of bites till last week. A guy in Phoenix was willing to pay my full askig price for it as long as it checked out with the ad. Needless to say it did, so I took his check Saturday morning, and he got my M3. Here is a shot of it at the credit union.

Name:  IMG_0788.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  190.6 KB

So, this left me without a car. I really dont care to drive the 12 yr old passport all around the state. Since its the end of the model year and prices are pretty damn good right now, as well as the fact that the new 08s dont have a v6 mt in the sedan, I ended up with something from Bell Honda. Here are the pictures of the twins in my driveway:

Name:  IMG_0789.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  199.2 KB

rear shot

Name:  IMG_0791.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  230.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0793.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  174.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0794.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  144.9 KB

and just the new one...

Name:  IMG_0790.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  155.4 KB

Supposedly it was the last one in the state. Its quite incredible to drive. It doesnt even feel like the same car, compared to the 4cyl at. Very comparable to a 325i, with the exception of the brakes.

Also won a bowling event in phoenix this weekend...though that will cover only a payment or two...haha. I plan to take some more pics tonite / tomorrow. It poured last night.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Default RE: eventful weekend...

smaglik
You will forever miss the M3. However you are wise in wanting to purchase a house. I bought my first house about 7 months ago. I doubt I will be getting a new car anytime soon though, but you can't beat the equity you will build up on the house. Plus you supposedly get dang good tax breaks because of all the interest you wind up paying on your mortgage.
If I wasn't married, I would probably still be living with my dad and driving a brand new car that has already been paid for. Oh well, I guess our new addition (baby)to the house in November should be a tax break too. Although I know she will break the bank in the future

Old 09-17-2007, 02:37 PM

i will return to the bmw world at some point...it wasnt just the equity...it was the depreciation which was about 500/month or so....that's hard to watch when you're not loaded...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Your Accord depreciates too buddy.
Haha...I'm just bustin your ROCKS
Do you mind me askin how much you got for the M3 ?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 PM

everything depreciates...by that thought, we should all be taking the bus.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:23 PM

I take the bus!!!!! NJ Transit #194!!!!

surprisingly, it's not the short bus or the padded one!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 PM

right...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM

You're much better with the money in a house instead of in a car. I just had a lengthy discussion about this with a friend the other day.... This is why I hate buying cars.... I buy older cars in general just for this reason. I paid 3k for my accord and if I drive it for a few years and something happens I don't really worry about it. If I bought a new one I could lose that much in 2 years. Nice purchase/sale by the way.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM

you are very correct on the depreciation item...

Old 09-17-2007, 04:00 PM

I agree with nasty. I have to deal with vehicle depreciation almost on a daily basis being in the insurance claims business.
I don't have to pay a monthly car not because I own mine (my wife's dad tecnically owns the '95.) Got the title in my nightstand next to my .45. Only thing car-related I have to pay every month is insurance. Or if something breaks on "The Money Pit." She's starting to make a funny noise when cranked. I have tried popping the hood to search for the location of the sound, however the deceiptful b**** will not make the noise if the hood is popped and I am looking for it[:@]. It hasn't made the noise in a while though, so I'm hoping it will not turn out to be anything.

Quick Reply: eventful weekend...