Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Flowmaster Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by J30_tuner
I don't have the part # it's Delta 40's with 2.5 inlets on the center. If you go to the shop they should know which ones by looking at it. But stock the pipping is MUCH smaller, and the resonators slow the exhaust flow WAY down. So I would recommend it since you already have the J-pipe to spend the extra bit and get it piped. It's really going to allow that J-pipe to shoot the fumes out a lot less restricted. I mean the mufflers aren't where you would get the most the gain. For the most part you're loosing a lot of power in the skinny pipes and resonators. You wont be disappointed.

I agree with upgrading the pipes .... my WS2 setup had 60mm piping, so anywhere between that and 2.5" should be good. I don't agree that the resonator should be eliminated. An NA car with upgraded piping and headers will have rasp which sounds horrible ..... no headers and you won't notice it much. I recommend the Moroso Spiral flow resonator ..... the design puts it between a resonator and a muffler design, but I feel that the concept is sound and this seems to be the best resonator solution IMO ..... I tend to have a good feel for airflow systems.

Other muffler concepts that you might consider are Spintech and Hooker Aerochamber. I plan to use the Moreoso and Hooker stuff on my tC with 2.5" piping when I install the turbo.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by falkore24
I agree with upgrading the pipes .... my WS2 setup had 60mm piping, so anywhere between that and 2.5" should be good. I don't agree that the resonator should be eliminated. An NA car with upgraded piping and headers will have rasp which sounds horrible ..... no headers and you won't notice it much. I recommend the Moroso Spiral flow resonator ..... the design puts it between a resonator and a muffler design, but I feel that the concept is sound and this seems to be the best resonator solution IMO ..... I tend to have a good feel for airflow systems.

Other muffler concepts that you might consider are Spintech and Hooker Aerochamber. I plan to use the Moreoso and Hooker stuff on my tC with 2.5" piping when I install the turbo.
I agree with you on the resonators. The other member was thinking of keeping stock resonators. Personally, I haven't noticed any odd noises coming of the exhaust but I've not put the J-pipe one. There is no real "header set" per say for the car. So I don't know if this will require the resonators. I like the way the car sounds now. I have noticed this really annoying rattle in the past few days when the car is cold. I don't know where that is coming from. Haven't had a chance to look into either.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM

Sound Cool.. nice work

Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 PM
bdubnsd
Unregistered

Nice sounds outta both the Flowmaster and Magnaflow systems....now I know what do with mine after a fresh coat of paint.

Thanks!