Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

I Saw...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Administrator
Thumbs down I Saw...

A girl texting in a cavalier at the stop light in town, and she took off after a red light and went thru and of course got wacked in the passenger side of car..Isn't it just wonderful how texting can make you wreck your car while your doing something stupid instead of paying attention to the road.

And yes , when the police arrived I told them what the Heck she was doing so that she gets to pay for the other guys car and gets some of those points on her record...

Makes me Happy..I was glad that no one got hurt ....

Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 AM

i saw a guy in a brand new Nissan GT-R (no plates yet) texting.....almost hit like 3 people.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Few years back when my daughter was learning to drive, one of her friends was taking her driving test. Driving examiner was in the right seat.

Light turned green, she didn't go right away. Examiner looked at her like "WHY..?" - then an SUV blew through the red light while talking on a cell phone. That SUV would've nailed em right in the door where the examiner was sitting.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
i saw a guy in a brand new Nissan GT-R (no plates yet) texting.....almost hit like 3 people.
Probably texting to tell everyone he just got a freakin' GT-R!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

in IA, it is illegal to text while driving. and they enforce it. in Dubuque, IA it is illegal to do anything with a cell phone while driving - bluetooth is ok obviously. I see this becoming more popular (like it is in CA). I have no problem with that either.

teens/women have a hard enough time driving as is, add in a phone and you might as well blindfold them.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

The bluetooth in our 2009 Saab is really cool. It mutes the stereo & you answer the call by pushing a button on the steering wheel. Never have to take the phone out of your pocket.

But I've heard of a study showing that handsfree (bluetooth or headset) is just as bad as any other phone call. The idea is that your ATTENTION is away from the road even though you aren't touching the phone. Somehow psychologically the phone call is different than talking to a passenger in the car.

And I've seen CERTAIN teens & women who are much better drivers than the average man. Of course, WE are all better than average, right?

Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Supper Moderator

ppl are dumb. I mean I text when driving but I only do it when I'm way out in the country and I don't even look at my cell when texting the road is WAY more important. When I'm in town try to not even use my cell at all it's not worth someone life to send a text or w/e.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake

But I've heard of a study showing that handsfree (bluetooth or headset) is just as bad as any other phone call. The idea is that your ATTENTION is away from the road even though you aren't touching the phone. Somehow psychologically the phone call is different than talking to a passenger in the car.

I read this study too. It's true. Our 2009 Ford Edge has the same bluetooth stuff. You don't pay attention to the road when you use it. It might be even more distracting in my opinion. Especially when you have to monkey around with the volume to get it just right, or have to hit the "end call" button on the steering wheel.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM

I saw...

on my way home it was 1am?

anywho, I live 25 miles from the Mexico border so people in Sonora get day passes to come to Arizona. This Chevy Corsica was driving in front of me, it was raining pretty hard out. The car fish tailed and flipped over slid a bit and was stopped by a pile of rocks.

I got out of the car ran over to see if everyone was ok. The guy couldn't speak a lick of english so I gestered to close his eyes. I had to smash open the window and drag the guy out cause he couldn't turn the motor off and it started a fire. He runs around the car to the passenger side, smashes the window to get his wife out then smashes the back window to get his 3 kids out. Literally 15 seconds after we get everyone out and walk away the entire car is on fire. By the time the police got there the fire was so hot we had to stand almost 100ft away so we wouldn't get burned. He was crying and saying all this stuff to me in spanish cause he was so thankful that an american stopped and saved his and his families life.

SnaveZ

Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Supper Moderator

Good job bro!!! It shows there are ppl in this world that care about others and not them self’s! props to ya!

Quick Reply: I Saw...