Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Default Alignment

Its all good!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Default RE: Steering knuckle, lower control arm and bearing

ok some advise is to jack up the front of your car take off the wheels and compare side to side..your story seems kinda edgy, meaning its only bits and pieces, was there an accident? did you hit a curb? did you run over something in the road? these could all be something to consider. Most likely if you need a Knuckle you will need a lower control arm and deffinatly a wheel because a contact to the wheel would cause a knuckle to break.... The bearing is inside of the Knuckle and possibly you have a wheel bearing gone bad. I cant really help you though because of the lack of information i have. Possibly pictures would help as well. If you think someone is jipping you take it to another dealer or someone else and see what they say..but dont mention the fact that u went somewhere else and they told u these were bad. Plus you could always ask for the old parts back. just to verify they fixed the broken parts....

Old 07-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea unless you hit something all those parts are certainly still good. never should you need a new knuckle or lower control arm. now after about 250000 miles you may need new wheel bearings, but it might take maybe fifty million miles before your knuckle would go out, or the lower control arm. unless you hit something, then it may be bent, and would need to be replaced.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 AM

yeah, well before i had the car it had hit a curb, also it got a couple of dents on the side fender. so, if it hit a curb, though they would have suggested a knuckle was bad a long time ago. anyways, the steering wheel has some play once in a while, but its not bad.

as you said ride till the wheels fall off. maybe i should take my car to "your" shop! then i will never have a problem!

Old 07-29-2006, 03:15 AM

yeah, well i have determined that it had either hit a curb really hard, which i know is part of the reason. and, i believe there could have been a "minor" accident as well. so, anyways i am going to shop around and within the next few months have the steering knuckle, lower control arm, and wheel bearing fixed.

thanks for all your help guys!

Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 AM

I went to this independent shop, and it looks like I won't need a knuckle at all! Looks like Honda was trying to make a huge buck off of me! And, considering I had to walk back to the dealer about 2 miles or so in hot weather, I am not going to them again. They didn't do the alignment is what the independent shop was telling me, and the drift to the right is probably due to the tires doing.

I was saying that I only noticed this drift, when I got these new tires put on. Goodyear Eagle GSH's, they are all right, but I think I am going to be either Kumhos or Michelins next time.