Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Basic Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Default Basic Suspension

Hello All,

forgive me if this is a repost, I did search for this and my browser was getting some display errors. I have a 00 LX-V6 Accord 4dr. What are some shocks/ struts that will give a comfortable ride? Im not looking for anything performance, just something as close to OEM as possible for a good price.

On a side not: When I start my car usually for the 1st time of the day when I back out my driveway I hear a electronic buzz sound. I was wondering if it was the braking system adjusting to missing brake pad, or is it something related to the shocks/ struts, like an adjustment compressor or something.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Basic Suspension

Hi Member...by your post I would just stick with the stock OEM spring/Strut/shocks and just by them new..nothing seems to give that same ride enginered ride that the OEM products do...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-20-2008, 03:03 AM

Thank you much for the info. I think Im going to start pricing sites like partstrain.com anybody have any other suggested competing sites?

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

TAS

Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM

im sorry i dont know what TAS is

Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM

type "TAS Auto" in google

The
Accord
Store

Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Thank You much!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM

no problem ... good luck

Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 AM

uh oh. i ordered a set of gas struts from TAS. then got to advanced auto to get some wagner brake pads then found out my suspension system is hydraulic. i was told the 2 systems wouldnt match up easily for a DIY job. soooo any ideas for where i can get good quality hydraulic struts?

UPDATE: I have to say Im a bit disappointed in TAS. They dont have a hydraulic strut kit. If your a site specializing in accords how could you not carry a strut kit for a common OEM part like that? I could see if they didnt have an after market upgrade kit but thats the irony, THEY DO!. Also when I gave my car specs to the sales person yesterday he never mentioned what I was buying wouldnt match up. Fortunately a kind person today told me how to return them w/o being charged the restock or shipping fee. Just a warning to whom it may concern.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 AM

Ok it reallllly shouldnt be this hard to find some struts. Ok let me rephrase that, it shouldnt be so hard to find some affordable struts. Im now confused because Ive seen prices all over the place. so far the only place ive found that has the right struts is the dealership. im not paying $150/ strut. i just cant because i know there has got o be a better deal somewhere!

Quick Reply: Basic Suspension