Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

coilovers?lowering springs???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Default coilovers?lowering springs???

altight so here it is.i know its a new bee question.but what is the difference and what is better and cheaper to throw on?lowering springs or adjustable coilovers?and what are the pros and cons of either?

Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Default coilovers or lowering springs???

altight so here it is.i know its a new bee question.but what is the difference and what is better and cheaper to throw on?lowering springs or adjustable coilovers?and what are the pros and cons of either?

Old 11-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Supper Moderator

1st question...can you spend 600+ on a set up??..If not just stay stock

Old 11-24-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
1st question...can you spend 600+ on a set up??..If not just stay stock
on a setup?i used coilovers on my civic and they were just $80 on ebay...had them installed by the person i bought the car from.so i just wanted to inform myself of what can be easier and nicer as well as beneficial.and to answer your question.why 600?dont plan on spending that much just on lowering car...

Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Supper Moderator

going ebay is the stupidest thing you can do. When stuff fails (and it will) your not only putting your life at risk but others on the road.
Do some research on diff. set ups. It's gonna cost you 600+ to do it the RIGHT way and have no issues with things breaking. Suspension isn’t the type of mod to cheap out on. Spend the money and do it the right way and have a real set up

Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 AM

going ebay is the stupidest thing you can do. When stuff fails (and it will) your not only putting your life at risk but others on the road.
Do some research on diff. set ups. It's gonna cost you 600+ to do it the RIGHT way and have no issues with things breaking. Suspension isn’t the type of mod to cheap out on. Spend the money and do it the right way and have a real set up
ok.still didnt answer my question......?which would be best to lower the car and give it just the nice look...lowering springs or coilovers?

Old 11-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Supper Moderator

It's more of a preference then "what’s better"
I prefer coilovers as some may prefer lowering springs. Tein and Function & Form make really good FULL coilover set ups. You can get koni shocks and Ground Control coilover sleeves.

Eibach springs and Koni shocks are good combo. There are sooo many diff set ups out there. Some searching is needed.

No matter how you look at it your gonna spend around 600bucks maybe even more by doing it right. Search ebay you can find fucntion & form type 1's coilovers for like $600-somethin shipped to you.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:26 AM

It's more of a preference then "what’s better"
I prefer coilovers as some may prefer lowering springs. Tein and Function & Form make really good FULL coilover set ups. You can get koni shocks and Ground Control coilover sleeves.

Eibach springs and Koni shocks are good combo. There are sooo many diff set ups out there. Some searching is needed.

No matter how you look at it your gonna spend around 600bucks maybe even more by doing it right. Search ebay you can find fucntion & form type 1's coilovers for like $600-somethin shipped to you.
thank you so much for your assistance.i will keep that in mind now that i dont want to go cheap on this type of parts

Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Search for some good discussions. Coilovers are adjustable, lowering springs are not.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb ** Happy ThanksGiving Day **

There are a Zillion post's about this subject..so use your search engine...

Happy Holiday !

Attached Thumbnails coilovers?lowering springs???-100105%7E34.jpg  

Quick Reply: coilovers?lowering springs???