Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Couple of quick lowering questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Couple of quick lowering questions....

couldnt you of just got a coilover kit...there like 100 + bucks....so i would just love it if someone would just tell me what to buy...i always thought i just needed to buy new shocks/struts and coilovers....
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: ohsmustangs09

couldnt you of just got a coilover kit...there like 100 + bucks....so i would just love it if someone would just tell me what to buy...i always thought i just needed to buy new shocks/struts and coilovers....
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any "coilover kit" you see for $100 is gonna be complete **** and either rust, fall apart after a year, or be so harsh it blows your stock shocks. Either buy a good matching shock/spring combo or a good coilover sleeve like Ground Control or Skunk2 and some decent shocks (Koni, Tokico, etc) or a full Coilover (AMR, D2, Function Form, Apexi, Buddy Club, etc)

Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 PM

alright thats understandable...so what ur saying is go for the skunk2 or ground control coilovers, and good shocks (tokico, koni, etc.)......so why when im searching for shocks it always says shocks/struts ? ive herd that i only have struts in the front of my car and shocks in the back, so i wouldnt need four of both is that it true, but ive also heard they are the same thing? i dont know how stupid i might sound but its confusing to me...lol....thanks much for the info guys

Old 06-18-2007, 07:20 PM

You have 4 shocks, and 4 springs.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM

and no struts ? if i do have them then do i need to replace them too ? or shud i just buy new spring/shocks combo

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 AM

ok ok i get it now...it just took a while....so my last question is is if i get a coilover sleeve ((springs, sleeve, adjustable)) then what kind of shocks should i get, because they make adjustable/nonadjustable...so which one would be a better pick ?

Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
greenguy77
Unregistered

The shocks are the same thing as struts, its just that ppl call them by different names

Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM

ok that makes since....so should i get adjustable shocks/struts or non adjustable shocks/struts ??

Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM

I put Tein Luxury Masters on my 03 coupe and used a camber kit as well. The kit cost more than the springs but it saves on tire ware. By lowering the car you change the geometry of the suspention and the toe setting suffers. The ride is stiffer, but she handles so much better in the turns. The over all drop was only about an inch and a half.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM

so i did some looking around....im looking at skunk 2 lowering springs ((which drop about 2")) for a little over $150 on ebay...and Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks/struts from SummitRacing equipment((its right down the street from me!!)) for about $215, alltogether putting me about $370 behind....GOOD idea or BAD idea......again thanks

Quick Reply: Couple of quick lowering questions....