Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Eibach or HFP full suspention?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Default Eibach or HFP full suspention?

So my question is Eibach pro-kit springs or the HFP full suspension kit? I did some research on suspension and some say do the full kit and some say just the springs are fine. I guess my question is; Does it make a difference how old the car is or how many miles are on the body? For insistence, I have the 2010 2.4 coupe. Would you tell someone in my position that I can get away with just springs because my car has barley any miles on it? VS telling someone that has 200k miles on their car that they need the full kit? I have never lowered any of my cars, but I think I definitely want to lower this Accord, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. Also, if I am planning on putting aftermarket wheels on the car (+1) in which sequence would I do these and does it matter? Also (last question) with my car having only 2k miles, would I need an alignment after I do any of the above? Sorry so long….thanks

Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM

First of all, if you have the money, it is always better to go with the whole kit... It doesnt matter if your car has 2k or 200k, the factory shocks/struts were not meant for the aftermarket lowering springs and will not last as they should due to the extra stress... You can do whichever mod first that you would like... Although if you do the lowering kit, then the wheels, you might realize that the drop was not big/small enough for you... And for your last question, YES YES YES you should get an alignment after any suspension mod/wheel change/tire change/ect....

Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Thanks!!!!!! Good advise. So I DID have the money prior to buying the car and taking on payments again LOL.....now, not so much......

So with that being said, if I were to go with just the springs for now.....about how long before I would have to replace the shocks/struts? I know this would depend on how the car is driven, but just a ballpark idea would be great!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2010couper
Thanks!!!!!! Good advise. So I DID have the money prior to buying the car and taking on payments again LOL.....now, not so much......

So with that being said, if I were to go with just the springs for now.....about how long before I would have to replace the shocks/struts? I know this would depend on how the car is driven, but just a ballpark idea would be great!
Which springs are you looking at??? With a 1.5 inch lowering spring and oem shocks/struts you can expect a possibility of a blowout in 10-12 months of normal driving... So instead of dropping 200+ dollars on just springs, just save up and buy the kit...You could blow a shock 4 months or 12 months or longer... Its really hard to say exactly... Its better to be safe and wait, then to have the possibility of a wreck... Which would probably be more expensive than the 550 dollar whole kit...

Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 AM

I was looking at the springs below. They are about 1.2" drop. Also, I just noticed that the HFP is ONLY for the 6-cylinder, so I guess that's out of the question. I guess I can pair the Eibach springs another shock/spring set and create my own. Looks like the dont't just sell a "kit" for the 2.4 liter.

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs 08-09 Honda Accord, 2 & 4-door, 2.4L I4

Approx. Lowering Front=1.2, Rear=1

• High Performance Handling and Aggressive Good Looks
• Lower Center of Gravity -- Lowers Vehicle 1.0" - 1.5" (lowering amount varies by application—use our application look-up for specific information on lowering for your car or truck)
• Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and get Better MPG
• Progressive Spring Design for Excellent Ride Quality
• Million Mile Warranty

Old 07-02-2010, 02:37 AM

You should email the seller: hondaparts@keenanhonda.com

\And ask him if they have a kit for your car???
Or your idea with getting the prokit and just getting diff shocks/struts will work...