Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

front tire driver side hops

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Default front tire driver side hops

it happens everytime i start the accord and put it on gear to go and then on my driver side tire it starts to hop,like it vibrates,but when the accord has been running and hot there is no hopping what so ever,it also happens when making a left turn only. i replaced my cv boot both inner and outer because my outer needed to be replaced ,still has that problem.is it aligment or could it be my cv shaft?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Default RE: front tire driver side hops

well since there was no shout out on this thread of mine since i posted it,i will give an update to this problem of mine.since i replaced the cv boot on that shaft andbefore greasing it up i had clean the outer shaft with all the old grease and who knows whats in there since my boot was torn i don't know how long,packed all the new grease in,installed it,left it parked for a couple of days,took it for a ride that one day,parked it for a few day again,this time for a real test drive,started the accord took off real hard and BANG! no more hop no more vibe!!!since this,it has been alright so far so like my problem happen to be my shaft the outer boot was torn and all the grease was exposed and more than likely all gone..

Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Glad to see that you got it worked out. Funny that I didn't see this thread before. This is the kind of problem that DH and SN usually jump on.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:42 AM

So it was a bad CV Joint... or the boot?

seems like if a boot is torn, you'd have to clean it real well, or replace the joint as well, right?

I've only replaced one CV joint and it was on an older VWRabbit, so I dunno, just curious.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:11 AM

well it was my boot that was all torn,so like i had to clean it out real good.i had used a pressure washer to clean out my cv shaft,i was lucky i guess that i did not have to replace the whole shaft.it works fine now.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Hmm.. I'm not sure how well that'd work personally...

From what I understand, just a little bit of dirt can really eat up a CV joint...

Just be sure you cleaned the hell out of it! It might hold you over for a while though.. not sure...

can anyone speak to that?