Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Has Anyone ever purchased headers and Coilovers from Ebay ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:54 AM
jamesgWizard
Unregistered
Default Has Anyone ever purchased headers and Coilovers from Ebay ?

I was looking at ebay the other day and looked at headers for my 1993 honda accord lx coupe. I noticed that some headers were priced at $80 including shipping and handling and same with coilovers and/or springs. have any of you ever purchased these types of parts from E Bay ? If so are they good and which do you reccomend ? Did you notice any difference in performance with the headers and are they any good ? I ask because I'm looking just to improve the overall flow of my car through proper maintenance but increase air flow and engine performance. How about springs ? Are they any good and which did you purchase ?

Any feed back from you guys would be greatly appreciated I hope to get lots of information. I'm new to the forum.

thanks for the help guys

jaygWiz

Old 09-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Default RE: Has Anyone ever purchased headers and Coilovers from Ebay ?

Ebay performance parts are kind of like that super hot girl tempting you from across the bar, little do you know, she's got herpes. Stick to name brand stuff when it comes to ebay. Those super cheap headers could be ok but then again there are a lot of horror stories too, such as welds breaking under heat, fitment issues, etc. I have only heard of one person who has bought the no-name brand headers and had success (I think he's on here somewhere). I think that he has had them for over a year and no issues. Look for OBX or DC Sport headers and don't be fooled by DC Style. The coilovers, I'm not sure, I haven't heard anything yea or nea. But you usually get what you pay for.
If I had some extra scratch I would buy things from ebay and try them out and let people know what was up or down about it.