Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

HELP WITH DROPPING MY CAR

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
accordv6rider
Unregistered
Default RE: HELP WITH DROPPING MY CAR

hmmm.. will i need something else with it to? like shocks or w/e? what brand would yall guys recommend for the coilovers?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:47 PM

If you plan on dropping your car with coilovers or just dropping springs then you might wanna look into new shocks as well. The OEM shocks could blow on you due to the different spring rates youre putting on. A lot of people seem to like ground controls or skunk2's. Teins are also another option (ss kit). I myself cannot vouch for these since I havent personally used them but others here can.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
accordv6rider
Unregistered

hmmmm.. i look at the jdm coilover on ebay n they are selling for cheap.... buh i dont see the differences between the brands n jdm coilover, what do you guys have to say about this? i want the best thing for my car n I dont want to spend my money on anythingn that sucks. I need ur opinion guys thanks

Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea how that spring is made......and how that shock is made makes a very very big difference. cheap springs sag to start with, and they dont deliver equal spring rate throughout the travel.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:19 PM

I'll have to backup lightshow and linx on this one for sure.... With OEM shocks if you put aftermarket springs/coilover kit on it and lower it you've now got your OEM shock constantly depressed like it would be when you go over a speed bump or something... so when you do go over something it's MUCH easier to take out a seal and blow the shock, or just over time the pressure could do the same thing, so you may as well replace them when you've got them off anyway... Also, springs, if you get a cheap spring that is inconsistent in it's manufacture it can do some really funky things... If to many of the coils start touching in a corner you get an infinite spring rate which means basically that there's no telling what the *explitive delted* is going to happen... Your suspension keeps you in contact with the ground where you are riding on 4 very small patches of tire.... Buy something proven and do it right the first time.... a small car accident will cost you more than a decent setup...

Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 PM

well i myself have skunk2 coilovers and KYB G2 struts. i'm like McDonalds "i'm loving it"

Old 09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I am running Skunk2 Adjustable sport coilover & springs(blue front, red back). Now I didn't choose this, it came with the car when I bought it. I have never OWNED anything other than stock. I love the way it rides, grips, feels, and controls the car instead of car controlling you. I have no idea how much the previous owner paid for them and/or where he got them. If you click the link below it will show you exactly what I am running. Cost just under $600 according to ebay/google shopping. Until I ride in a different setup I will be going with this one again that's for sure. I just checked the Skunk2 website and they are like $20-30 more than the link I sent you, I would just buy from Skunk2 with that close of pricing.

Last edited by elgwedoloco; 09-19-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: New info
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Administrator

How did this ever get revived?