Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

hey guys, need a bit more coilover help pls!=]

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Post hey guys, need a bit more coilover help pls!=]

ok guys so i got my tein coilovers fianlly, getting them installede 2morrow through a friend and he is gonna take it to a shop for me while im at work, the issue is that i don't kno how much i should tell my friend to drop it, any help pls? thanks again guys

Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Supper Moderator

You can adjust the coilovers to w/e height you want after they are installed. Just let the shop do what they want when installing them and when you get it home if you want it lower or higher then do so.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

True, but if they're going to align the suspension, it's important to adjust the height first.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Supper Moderator

good point!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
True, but if they're going to align the suspension, it's important to adjust the height first.
THIS....is why I fail to understand the NEED/WANT for coilovers...unless you are racing frequently on a track...once set...you are done. Which can be accomplished cheaper and easier with a set of springs/struts...do you REALLY adjust it up and down THAT much? Doubtful.

I have coilovers on my car....guess what....they have been set once....never touched em again....kinda waste IMO now. Oh but I can say I have coilovers....OOOOOOOO!!

not knocking your getting some coilovers man...but lately I fail to see the point in them. I could have gotten the same thing with a set of springs and struts and been just as happy.

Now for a decent answer to your question....do you know what size tires you are going to run or already have? if you dont have some, do you have a friend that will let you borrow wheels/tires for a short time? Then you can have your bud install and send you pics to your phone till your happy. (me personally, I helped on install and I chose my height and have wheels accordingly...I run about a inch of space (I am running 215/45-17s for reference), how ever I am considering going to 225/45(or maybe 50)-17s which means raising a touch....but there again...my friend runs a shop, will align it right there, and I am getting new struts installed (keep in mind with your coilovers and stock struts...your struts will not last very long and the banging you are bound to hear....it sounds bad and it is bad on your car.....hope yu have some upgraded struts (and no...KYB GR2's are NOT a upgrade...merely stock replacements and will blow out VERY quickly)