Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Default Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX

I went to get an alignment today, and they said I need a new spindle on my driver's side. The alignment is only $54.99, but the part for the spindle would be $250. And, add in all the labor it would come to a grand total of $490.15. So, obviously I declined the whole thing, and there was no reason to get an alignment done they said. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Default RE: Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX

perhaps I'm just ignorant but by spindle did they mean a CV axle? I'm not sure what part on that side of the car is going to run you $250.00 that sounds ludacrious to me....

Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 PM

yeah, its actually part of the cv axle. but, i think i will wait on it. and, if the tire tread wears heavily then i will get it fixed.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:32 PM

well, i got a reply this morning from lightshow, who definitely knows what he is talking about. there is no spindle on the front side, there are spindles on the rear, but they wouldn't cause a car to be out of alignment. so, its good that i saved myself close to $500 by declining the service.

getting an alignment tomorrow at another place, hopefully they don't say the same thing. and, honda never said anything about a bent spindle on the front, thus leading me to believe that tires plus was looking to make a buck. although, i did e-mail my honda dealer and i think they are still upset or disappointed that i didn't get tires from them. they didn't have the h rated tires i needed (speed rating), i have to go with what the originals were obviously. anyways, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea parts that go out are tie rod ends and ball joints. they can cause uneven tire wear. but on a 99?................no way maybe youll need some new suspension parts in like 2009, but even then. unless you have hit something...hard. then maybe a control arm would be bent, which would lead to an incorrect caster. the only thing thats actually adjustable is the toe on your front end.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:57 PM

thanks, well i think its actually cause i got a huge dent on my left front side that was there before i had the car. so, today this other place had said that there won't be any handling loss. anyways, things look good then.

thanks for all your help guys.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 PM

no prob

Old 06-21-2006, 03:42 PM

good call lightshow... I'm glad I'm not a complete idiot... I sat here for about 10 minutes trying to figure out what in the world they were talking about and came up with nothing... I couldn't even think of a part on the front of most honda's that would be $250.00 by itself...

accords4roy: do you know the procedure to easily test your CV axles yourself? if not it's simple. Just turn in as tight a circle as possible and a slow speed (parking lot...) and listen for clicking noises or on rare occasion you may classify it as a grinding... if you hear something then that's a good indicator you have an issue...

Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 AM

I wonder if they mean to say the frt knuckle ws bent,, causing alignment to be too far off specs for car to be properly aligned ..
if car gets into a frt end collision it is possible to bend the frt knuckle,, althoug very unlikely,, ,,

did they say it needed this ( SPINDLE ) part before they even put it in the alignment machine ?? Or was car partially aligned and could not get into specs ..?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM

also, kelly's didn't say anything about a bent knuckle, so i have reason to believe that tires plus wanted to make a huge buck!

Quick Reply: Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX