Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX

yeah, the knuckle but the price at tires plus was ridiculous and they said that after trying to align it like 45 minutes later. on wednesday, i went to 5 seasons (kelly's tires) and they said it will still handle well, they just couldn't completely align it cause it would cause a lot of negative alignment.

the left front had hit something or someone hit it, it was before i got the car, and it was driven in the city of chicago pretty roughly at times.

car runs great though! i was reading a post on here that someone bought a 98 coupe, with 140,000 miles and it runs great, mine is at over 122,000, so i plan to keep the car for a long long time. going to get some body work done, and hopefully then i can get an alignment done.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:29 AM

how much does a knuckle usually cost? if i have been to two places, and one said that a "spindle" was bent, and another said they couldn't do it due to a bad frame, then i am wondering if i should replace it or not. honda never said anything a month ago when the car was getting serviced.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:49 PM

Here's an idea of the cost associated with the parts.... this may not be specific to your model but it should be close...

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/he...srchrslts1.jsp

Old 06-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

did a shop do the alignment ??? if they did,, post the results here , i will tell you wether you got issues or not..........

a bad alignment can cause rapid tire wear...and pulling to 1 side or the other ,,,
if you go to the top of this section,,

wheel alignment 101...... read it,, it will give you more of an idea how alignment works ..

Old 06-24-2006, 02:35 PM

no they didn't do the alignment, tires plus said its a bad "spindle", as lightshow said earlier there is no spindle in the front. and, kelly's tires said that there's a bad frame, so i am guessing there could be a bent steering knuckle on the driver's side, none of the shops could do an alignment.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:48 PM

some body shop have some sort of a set up that can reposition the frame back to original position,, you might want to call the local body shops and see if one of them can do that..
if the frame is out of specs you cannot get a proper alignment ,,
car will pull or wear the tires rapidly

Old 06-25-2006, 04:26 AM

thanks, sir nasty i don't know the part numbers, so i couldn't access the site. also, the link you gave me wasn't working. but, thanks a lot for your input. deserthonda, your advice is highly appreciated! man, i am so glad that i wasn't the owner when that happened. i am sure it must have hit something really hard or had some kind of accident when the car was parked somewhere.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 AM

hope a body shop can straighten the frame and you will be able to have car aligned ,,
post us on what happens ..

Old 06-25-2006, 02:18 PM

i will definitely let you know, but i probably won't get that done until later. so, it will be a while. that is definitely the reason they can't align the car i now know that for a fact. yeah, and i am hoping it will look brand new as i plan to get body work done.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:18 PM

if the alignment is way off the specs especially ( camber and toe) and you wait too long to repair it,, it will wear down your tires very very fast..

Quick Reply: Left Spindle needed for 99 Accord EX